Chapter 16: Our Room

Samina Hadid
We go inside the house and Mashallah it's beautiful. There is an elevator in the middle of the house, he places his thumb on the sensor, and the doors open. Once we've reached the top and opened the door to the room, I take in the scene.

"This will be our room," he tells me and I'm shocked.

"This entire room?!" He huffs at my remark, "Yes habibti this entire room." I scan the room again, it's so big, mashallah. "I'll give you my card tomorrow and you can go shopping for whatever you may need."

"Bold of you to trust me with your money," I laugh.

"Bold of you to assume I'm sending you alone," he gives me a look that heats my face, so I look away. He makes a sound, and gently grabs my chin as I go still and my eyes widen, "Now that we're married, I can even share a bed with you, and I can touch you without being kicked away," he smirks at the deep blush that overcomes my face.

I wrench my face from his grasp and rush to the bathroom, "That won't be happening anytime soon!" And suddenly I'm thankful for the privacy of the bathroom.

I take a deep breath and collect my thoughts, we will not be sharing a bed! That's why there are two beds... right? I turn on the water in the shower, take off my makeup, clothes, and jewelry, then get under the water. As soon as the water touches my legs, my calf begins to sting.

I look down to see a long gash, with dried blood around it. There goes another scar to add to the collection. "Ahhh, that stings," I grimace as I wash the blood off, and soap around it, praying I don't get an infection.

I step out, dry, clean, and wrap my wound with a bandage. I gasp, "Oh my gosh. No...." I forgot to grab clothes. The clothes I just took off reek of sweat. Why me? Okay. No big deal Samina. I grab a robe from behind me, Wow this is soft. Uhm.. crap. Okay, I got this.

I open the door and peek my head out. Oh, he's not here, thank God. Quickly I run into the room and come to a sudden stop. I never brought my clothes! I groan. Great, just great.

Then an idea pops into my head. I rush to his dresser and find a T-shirt that looks like it would fit me decently enough. I find a good pair of pajama pants to go with it and run back to the bathroom. I grab my dirty undergarments and wash them under the sink, then I dry them with the hair dryer that I found after what felt like hours of searching.

I put on the clothes and unsurprisingly they are very baggy on me. Not that I mind though. I walk into the bedroom again and stop in the doorway. Where did the other bed go?

The room has been rearranged, and the bed has been moved to fit the arrangement. All this while I was putting clothes on?! I hear a voice coming from the hall outside of the room door, it's him. I wrap a blanket around me, there is no way that we are sharing this bed. No. Way.

He walks into the room and I stand there, glaring at him. "Are you...okay?" He asks, then smirks, he knows what he did, "I told you we'd be getting closer."

"Not a chance in hell."

"Yes. Now, why are you wrapped in that blanket?" My face flushes red, and he smirks, "My, I do love it when you blush for me," he walks closer and leans down to where our faces are very close together, "Are you going to say anything?" 

"Ididn'thaveclothessoihadtowearyours," I whisper not looking him in the eyes.

He smirks, "One more time habibti, I didn't completely understand that," he leans in even closer, and I back my face away and sigh, irritated, "I did not have any clothes so Ihadtowearyours," and maybe a bit flustered.

"Ah! Yes, I did forget about getting you clothes, I'll make sure you have clothes to go shopping tomorrow," he winks before walking into the bathroom to change, "not to worry I know your style well enough to get it right," and with that he closes the door.

"Ugh!" I throw the blanket off and slump onto the bed, "the audacity of this man!"

I'm irritated and exhausted. My hair is damp, and just to spite him I want to cover it up. I get up and grab the blanket I threw off of me and wrap it around me again, then slip back onto the bed. I try to keep my eyes open, but the effort becomes harder and harder by the second. Soon enough my eyes shut and I drift off as I hear the bathroom door open.

~❀~

A/n: Salam! So?? It's been a while! I've been having serious writing block, but here I am pushing through! How'd you like the chapter?! 😏what do you think's going to happen? Are they gonna be cuddling soon? Or nahhh... anyways! I'll be working on a new chapter asap I hope you all like it!