𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗵

━ She weakly entered her room, Refusing to get her wounds treated because her mind was hurting her more than the battle scars

She weakly entered her room, Refusing to get her wounds treated because her mind was hurting her more than the battle scars. No one can heal the wounds that was given to you by your own mind, your own heart, but you yourself.

What comes to your mind when you think about a proper death? A painless one? Or when you die without regrets? Is that even possible though.. Everyone has regrets, it's inevitable. So what really was a proper death?

Yuji was able to save the three sorcerers but he didn't save himself. Why do some people prioritise others life before there's? Why not save yourself? Can you really save others if you can't save yourself first?

People should put themselves first, Always. It's okay to be a little selfish because when you die you'll die alone.

She was trapped in her own mind. Thoughts like; 'Maybe if I didn't agreed to leaving Yuji behind he would've came back with us' 'Why did I run away? Why was I scared?', She felt like she had let down everyone.

Guilt, Remorse, Pain, She was feeling everything at once. She didn't knew how to help herself- She thought she was weak and stupid enough to not think of a better and safe way out. But it was too late, We can't turn back time.

The (h/c) haired sorcerer weakly made her way towards the bathroom, A small attempt to feel somewhat better. Whenever (Y/n) was feeling some kind of negative emotions she would always take long hot showers.

But it seemed like a 1 hour long hot shower wasn't enough, She needed to boil herself.

She didn't knew how she was going to let go of this guilt but what she did knew was that she wanted to get stronger. She wanted surpass everyone better than her.

But was it really her fault? Or was this written in Yuji's destiny or some shit- But whatever happened it can't be changed and she knew that. But what can be changed is; her morals and perspective.

If you can't do anything about it then let it go, don't be a prisoner of things you can't change.

The kokujū user sat beside her window, Hairs still wet as she stared at the night sky, She wanted to get out of her mind and go walk beneath the ethereal starry sky.

She wondered if Megumi was feeling the same as her, Was he, too, awake and trying to escape his mind?
She wanted to help him but how could she help him when she was incapable of tolerating her own mind?

~

In the end she wasn't able to sleep. It was now 4:12 am as she was fixing her tracksuit. (Y/n) opened the door quietly, closing it behind her and walked outside to jog for a while.

The girl who was feeling alot of emotions few hours ago now felt nothing. She has never been good with feelings and shit- They were just too complicated so she did what anyone with a prison for a mind would
do; Bottle up those feelings, emotions or whatever people call them.

The pond that would make her admire it's beauty now felt plain. The sky that she would click a picture of everytime she found it amusing now looked dull and depressing.

She didn't knew if it's just her mind playing tricks with her or the atmosphere is just depressing in general. But why wouldn't it be? Yuji was the brightest person she'd ever seen, A walking angel.

Why was the world so cruel? Why did the kind ones always suffered? She didn't believe in god or afterlife, Heck she didn't even believe in herself. But maybe yuji was in a better place, She hoped heaven was treating him better this cruel world.

Who would've thought that yuji was watching Shrek 2 and enjoying his banana milk while harshly getting punched by a freaking cursed doll.

She checked the time, 5:17 am, Just how long was she jogging for? Guess that's what happens when all your thoughts collide- Your mind gets so messed up that you lose track of time. She didn't wanted to go back to her dorm she wanted to keep herself occupied so she went to the in built gym in jujutsu tech.

~

She now sat on the gym floor, Panting loudly, uneven breathing, Sweaty body, Red eyes, every part of her body ached begging for her to take a rest but she felt like she couldn't even move- Regretting getting carried away and overworking her body to the point she felt like she'll collapse.

"(L/n)-san!", Megumi yelled. You couldn't face him right now, You looked vulnerable, You didn't wanted anyone to see you like that. Megumi didn't knew what to do so he quickly walked towards where you were sitting and leaned down, "Are you okay?

"I..'m.. fi..", Your voice didn't even sounded like yourself, "I'm.. fin..e", which wasn't true because next thing you knew; You passed out. But Megumi catched you.

~

You stirred in your position, furrowing your eyebrows and slowly adjusting your vision to the bright sunlight as it pierced your eyes. Your body was hurting as you tried to get up. "Oh you're awake." Megumi stood at the door with a tray as you soon realised you were in the infirmary, You knew you had to prepare your apology to Leiri-sensei.

Megumi walked upto you and placed the tray on the side table and handed you some pills while holding a glass of water, "I'm sorry for troubling you so early in the morning." You said slowly swallowing the pills and taking the glass of water.

"No it's okay really, What happened though (L/n)-san.. How come you ended up in that state?" He asked as you were now looking down in embarrassment. You turned your head to the opposite side from him, pouting "I.. I got carried away while working out.." You mumbled, still pouting.

Megumi found your actions adorable as he felt a warm feeling, It somehow felt strange but really good, Like silent butterflies in his stomach. He regained his composure with a tiny smile that you couldn't see since your head was turned away, "You need to be more careful." He simply said, Now wearing a neutral expression.

You were now facing him and you nodded, "yeah.. I will, Thank you again.. and sorry-" Megumi was quick to interject, "It's fine, I'm only looking out for my comrade." Your mouth was left agape but then you chuckled. There was something different about Megumi, He strangely reminded you alot about yourself sometimes.

I personally love this chapter, But I hate it alot lol<3