𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆𝘀𝗶𝘅

━ Your back was pressed against Megumi's as the two of you took your fighting stances, The curses neared and you pushed yourself off of his back for a power start

Your back was pressed against Megumi's as the two of you took your fighting stances, The curses neared and you pushed yourself off of his back for a power start. Quickly summoning an axe which lit up marvelously in your hands with an omonous red glow.

You placed your palm over the curse's head and jumped over it, Slashing through it's deformed head, Making it back to the ground before running at full speed towards the line of three curses, Swinging your axe with speed and skill. Splashes of thick fluids oozed out of the curse's bodies as you slashed them.

They multiplied into smaller forms, attacking you making you loose your footing but you felt a hand on your back, looking up to see Megumi nodding at you, "Thanks!" you grinned before running back towards the curses, Now retreating your axe and instead using the claws, Successfully clearing them out.

You went over to back Megumi up but soon realises it wasn't needed as he took the last hit making the curse disappear in thin air, "Is it over..?" He quietly asked, you looked around your surroundings, Something felt off but you couldn't put a finger onto it.

It felt like someone was testing but there was no sign of another presence, "I think so, But let's go check the whole asylum out one last time."

He nodded and the two of you started walking back inside the building, "Let's stick together since the asylum is pretty big and in case we run into a curse we won't be able to contact each other fast enough." He informed as you gave him a thumbs up, "Got it."

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

There wasn't anything in the Asylum, except some cursed objects that you took with you. You released the veil and called Ijichi.

Something still felt unsettling and you could tell Megumi felt it too, "Let's.. tell Gojo-sensei about it.." You said after a moment of silence, he hummed, "Yeah."

"You did great out there." He vaguely smiled, looking at you from the corner of his eye, You grinned lightly, "So were you, that entrance was awesome."

He coughed to hide his fluster, making you chuckle and nudge him playfully. You yawned after a moment, stretching your limbs, "Man, all that running around the asylum tired me out." He took ahold of your hand and walked you towards a bench, motioning you to sit down. You tiredly smiled at him and sat down, patting the spot beside you.

He plopped down next to you and placed your head on his shoulder, "Rest for a bit, I'll wake you up when Ijichi-chan arrives." He gently kissed your head making you let out a sigh of relief as you snuggled closer to him, "Thanks a lot, Megumi. Please rest as well."

He could tell by your tone you were exhausted, stronger cursed technique meant using more energy and to you it might've felt like the mission was easy but in reality you just got better. He was noticing it day by day, how you seemed to be getting so much better.

He couldn't help but be proud, though a part of him felt like he was lacking way behind.

That scared him, how he constantly felt like he wasn't reaching his potential, doubting his abilities.

Megumi decided to not beat himself up and the enjoy the moment of you being beside him, it was reassuring enough to know you had his back but he wanted you to be the one relying on him.

After few minutes a car pulled up and he tapped on your shoulder to wake you up.

Megumi walked alongside as you exited Yaga's office, now making your way towards your dorms, It was dark outside now and the air was fairly chilly. You reached the corridor and stopped outside the door of his room, "Good evening, Megumi-san." you waved before turning your heel towards your own room,

"Wait." You stopped your movement and turned around, turning your head sideways. He seemed to be nervous, "Do you.. want to hang out for a bit?" You had a wide smile on your face, "Of course." He opened the for you and you wordlessly stepped inside, he closed it behind him.

His room was as clean as ever, "I need to take a shower.." You informed, He nodded, "I was about to go as well, You can shower before me I'll give you my clothes." He was internally celebrating and excitedly went to his closet.

You matched his energy, more than happy to wear his clothes since they were very, very comfortable.

Megumi handed you a simple black T-shirt and grey sweat pants, You accepted them with a small smile, "Thank you."

You stepped out of the shower after 20 minutes and were met with Megumi groggily rubbing his eyes, he yawned and you admired him, "Sleepy?" you asked with a chuckle, that seem to startle him and he picked his head back up, "Yeah-,"

Megumi stopped and gaped at you, loving how his clothes were too big on you and it made you look all the more adorable. He cleared his throat, "You should.. wear my clothes more." You laughed lightly, "I'd love to, they're very comfortable." You grinned at him.

He stood up and patted your head, "I'm gonna go shower now."

You looked up from your phone when you heard the door close softly, "Oh, we're matching." you commented, he looked very comfy and handsome with slightly damp hairs, He smiled at you, "Yeah." He joined you and sat next to you on the floor, resting his head on your shoulder, you raised your hand to play with his hairs, "Still tired?" You asked softly, he hummed and yawned, "Very."

Like something snapped in him, Megumi jolted from your shoulder, looking at you with bright eyes,

"Do you want to nap together, Y/n-san?"

Author's note-

in all honesty, I suck at writing fighting scenes and I don't like writing them.

But I wanted to get a quick chapter out, I promise then next chapter will be more detailed.

Thank you for 10k that's crazy, damn.