| Ch. 35 |

I suddenly fall forward...

Pulling Su-Hyeok down with me..

I hit the ground first as Su-Hyeok landed on top of me, "Are you okay?!" He panicked. Terror starts to fill my body. Holy shit, what if the zombies heard us?!

It continued to thunder as Su-Hyeok and I were just staring at each other, "What are you doing? Let's go!" Cheong-san scolded. Su-Hyeok and I quickly nod, as we regroup with the others.

We quickly go past the zombies, as my heart beats really fast. I know the zombies won't come near me, but I do fear them still.

| TIME SKIP |

We had finally made it to the main entrance of the school. Thank god we're safe. If anything happened to one of us, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. I promise to try to protect others.

I just hope we get out of this fucking apocalypse so we can live happy once again. The rest of the zombies were gone, but only one was left. Cheong-san told us he would distract the zombie, while we use the time to run and go somewhere safe.

On-jo and Cheong-san argued on where to go. We decided we would go behind these huge bushes that were near the entrance of the school and windows.

We all quickly kept moving as thunder filled the sky.  Suddenly a light scent of perfume filled my nose. The scent wasn't very strong, and I'm sure it'll fade away soon.

I felt as if I had already smelled that scent before. Memories fill me back to where Cheong-san, On-jo, Gyeong-su, I-sak, Su-Hyeok, and I ate delicious chicken at Cheong-san's mom's restaurant.

I had sat the the very first seat where Mrs. Lee served our chicken. I remembered her scent. A light smell of roses mixed with a bit of daisies. I had always admired the smell. I could never find the perfume though.

Then it hits me. What I was currently smelling.. Could it be Cheong-san's mom? What is she doing here while there's a zombie apocalypse?

"Y/N, come on!" Su-Hyeok whispered. I didn't realize I froze for a second. I ignore him as I continue to walk. I'm so sick of it. Why do I have to be tied together with Su-Hyeok?

I know he's my boyfriend and everything, but why? I mean I can protect myself. I've done it a lot. Well some of it. Even if someone protects me, I will protect others. I rather fight do death than have someone protect me.

There was this truck in between one of the entrances of the school. We all decided we would go beneath it. To me, if I'm being honest, it sounded stupid, but if it'll help us escapes, then sure.

Dae-su went under first. He was quite slow, but it didn't really matter. Cheong-san was next. He was about to crouch down to go under, but something else caught his attention.

It was his mother... Who was infected by the virus.

"What the hell?'' Dae-su exclaimed with a bit of terror. Dae-su looked at us for help, but none of us moved. "There's another zombie here!" Dae-su screamed.

Cheong-san had sat down so he would have to see his mother. He finally stood up to witness Dae-su hitting Mrs. Lee with a medal pole. "Dae-su!" Cheong-san yelled.

"Stop it." Cheong-san's quiet voice kept repeating. His breathing sounded a bit shaky. It looked like he was crying. I couldn't really tell because of the rain.

"Stop it!" Cheong-san's voice yelled. He quickly climbed over the truck pushing Dae-su as they continued to hit Mrs. Lee.

On-jo quickly went over to pull Cheong-san back. She was struggling to keep him calm. I have to help. I can't let this happen to Cheong-san's mother.

I try to run, but the cloth is still tied around my wrist. "I have to help Cheong-san!" I yelled at Su-Hyeok. He kept staring at me with worried eyes.

"No. It's dangerous Y/N." He replied. I can't take it anymore. It feels like I can't do anything. "Let's break up. I'm not just going to stand here and get protected by someone instead of helping my best friend." I said.

What I said didn't care to me. My mind was on helping Cheong-san. "Is that what you really want?" Su-Hyeok's shaky teary voice asked. I don't answer as I grab something sharp to cut the cloth.

I freed my hand as I quickly go to hold Cheong-san. "Eomma!" Cheong-san's teary voice yelled. That's where Dae-su stopped attacking his mother with a medal pole.

On-jo and I let go of Cheong-san as he breaks into tears on the ground. I immediately tear up. I can't imagine how bad Cheong-san feels right now.

"Hey. It's okay." I said as I crouched down to Cheong-san's level. He immediately hugged me as he continued to sob.

We suddenly all hear a hurdle of zombies coming towards all of us. I quickly grab Cheong-san's hand as Jae-Hyun shot the zombies with arrows.

"Let's go Cheong-san!" I said. He slowly nodded as his teary face continued to show. He couldn't let go of his mother. You know, sometimes we have to let go of people. Even though we truly love them..

I run as I cover my ears because of the loud ass fuck thunder and lighting. Cheong-san kept looking back at his mom, but turned around to run.

*TIME SKIP*

We finally make it to this building. Which I'm not that familiar with. We all head inside as we all continue to catch our breathes.

Nam-ra looked over at me with a face full of worry. I quickly walk towards her. "Do you smell that?" She asked. I don't smell anything for a second.

Then it hits me...

There are zombies in here..

"Run!" We all yelled at once. I realize Wu-jin's sister is here. Ha-ri. She must know my brother then since they both do archery. Which is an interesting thing to do.

"Over here!'' Ha-ri yelled opening a door to a room filled with equipment. The room is filled with silence. Something I haven't heard in awhile.

"Hey Y/N. Could you comfort Cheong-san? I cant do anything to comfort him, and plus you know him really well." On-jo asked.

I nodded. I go over to where Cheong-san was sitting. I sat down beside him. He was completely silent. I open my arms a little for a hug. He didn't do anything.

Then, he started to sob. He hugged me tightly as his sobbing got louder than before. "Why couldn't I save my eomma, w-why?" Cheong-san's teary and shaky voice asked.

"It's okay Cheong-san. Please don't cry." I said. Whatever I said to comfort him, would it help? I don't know, but it kills me to see Cheong-san crying.

*SHORT TIME SKIP*

Everyone was asleep except Su-Hyeok and I. I lay on the floor as I close my eyes. "Are you going to sleep?" Su-Hyeok's voice had asked.

"Mhm." I reply. I hear him sigh, "Just don't sleep walk." He said. I sit up and look across at him. "I don't sleep walk anymore. Well, it depends." I reply.

"Anyway goodnight. Have a nice sleep." I say as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

| A/N : END OF CHAPTER 35 ! I truly apologize for not publishing chapters in awhile. I've been quite busy lately. I have to get caught up with school work and other things. I truly apologize for always publishing late. I hope you accept my apology, thank you for reading! Oh yes, idk if I'll get questions for this, but yes, Su-Hyeok and Y/N will get back together, so don't worry about it! |

Credits / Creator of Story : @NamraHeartsU
Characters are not mine, they are Netflix's characters. The only characters that are mine is
Y/N's family members in the story.