1. Life Is Good

First day of Sophomore year and I can't find a flipping thing to wear. I start to throw clothes out of my closet in frustration. I have a whole closet full of clothes, so why can't I find something to wear?

"Ugh!!!"

Okay, okay, I know I am being melodramatic, but I have to at least look decent. High school can be harsh and cruel if we do not act a part. Don't get me wrong I do not change for anyone, but I still don't want to look like a ragdoll.

"Cassie! Hurry up or you are going to be late."

Fudgesicles, I look at the clock and see I'm running out of time. Oh, the heck with it. I grab a pair of ripped jeans and off the shoulder top. I look at myself in the mirror and shrug my shoulders. "This will have to do." I put my hair up in a messy bun, but not too messy, where I look like I just got out of bed...which I actually just did.

"Cassie, now!"

"I'm coming mom."

I rush down the stairs and almost trip because I am nervous. The first day of the new school year jitters.

"Hey babes, you better watch it. You don't want to break a leg or something else on your first day back to school."

"Lily!" I crash into her and give her a great big hug. I have missed my redheaded best friend for the past two weeks, while she was gone on vacation with her parents. "God, you are actually tan!" I squeal and she pushes back a little to rub her ears.

"Damn Cass, blow my eardrums out why don't you." My eyes widen at the look my mother is giving Lil. She turns around and looks at my mom and her face is redder than her hair color. "Sorry Mrs. Logan."

"Honey, we have known each other forever. Please call me Robin and if you cuss again, I will wash your mouth out with soap." She says with the sweetest smile. Lily gulps and I can't help but laugh. Of course, she sticks her tongue out at me. "Art will be driving you to school, I have to go into the office today." Well, if you haven't guessed Art is our driver when my parents can't drive me around. One more year and I can get my license and I cannot wait.

"Okay mom we will see you later."

"You girls behave."

We nod our heads as I go to the kitchen to grab an apple and throw one to Lil. Luckily she catches it after almost fumbling to catch it. She has no catching skills whatsoever.

"So, are you trying out for softball this year?" she asks me as we walk out, and Art is waiting with the door open to the car. "Of course, I cannot wait."

I let her talk about what she did on her vacation to Hawaii, and all the cute guys she met. "When we are old enough, we have to go Cass."

"You bet your butt we will." She starts laughing, "you know you can say ass Cassie Logan. You are not going to burn in hell for cussing." I push her shoulder, "I just don't want to okay." She pulls me into a hug. "You know I'm just messing around...right Cass?" I nod my head. It's just my parents are strict when it comes to the way I act. They own a big company and supposedly one day I am going to take over the business.

"Girls we are here." Art gets out of the car and opens our door for us. "Have a good day girls', and I will be here to pick you up after school." He closes the door and heads to the driver's door. "Art wait!" He turns around to look at me. "I'm trying out for softball so can you pick me up around five." He gives me a salute and a smile. "Knock them dead slugger." I shake my head and laugh. Lil links her arm with mine and we walk towards the front of the school.

"I hope we have some classes together. I have to go to the office to pick up my schedule. Apparently, my mother misplaced it" She rolls her eyes and sighs and I can't help but laugh. Her mom would lose her head if it wasn't attached. "If we do not have any classes meet me by my old locker and we will have lunch together." I nod my head and head to my locker as she makes her way to the office.

"Later babes"

"Later Goober"

She laughs as she flips me off and blows me a kiss. I head towards my locker to put all my books away and take the ones I need. After I shut my locker, I slam into a hard chest.

"Hey watch it." I hear a strong rugged voice say and look up into piercing green eyes. Oh my God he is gorgeous. "I-I'm sorry." I stutter out. What the heck is wrong with me? I never stutter. He doesn't say anything for a moment and then he shook his head and rubbed the back of his neck. Is he blushing? "No need to apologize, um..."

"It's Cassie." I tuck my hair behind my ear.

"Cassie, I'm Hunter" he sticks his hand out to me and I go to shake it but drop my books in the process. We both bend down and bump heads.

"Shit!"

"Fiddlesticks." He hands me my books with a smirk on his face.

"Fiddlesticks?" He quirks a brow at me. Great now he thinks I'm an idiot. So, I duck my head a little. "Cute" My heart pounds and I look up at him with wide eyes. I don't know why I am so shy around him. "Can I walk you to class Cassie?"

I look at my schedule and look back at Hunter. "I have Chemistry with Mr. Allen." His smile brightens and stares into my eyes. I almost forget how to breathe. "I guess we will be seeing a lot of each other since I have this class too." I smiled shyly at him as we started walking to class.

He asked me a lot of questions and told me a lot about himself. We do have some stuff in common, but most our love for sports. "This is great Cassie, I will get to see you again after school." I look at him confused and he chuckles. "I'm trying out for the boys' softball team." I want to facepalm myself for acting like an idiot "Oh, cool." I can feel my cheeks heat up and Hunter walks me to my seat, and he takes the one next to me.

The class gets quiet as the teacher walks in. "Good morning class. The person that is sitting to your right will be your partner for the remainder of the year in all group projects. So, I would advise you to get to know them better." I heard some student's groan, but Hunter was to my right, and he had a bright smile.

"This day just gets better and better." Hunter whispers in my ear, that gives me goosebumps.

I couldn't agree more as I smile back at him. Right here and right now, life is good.