10. Missing Him

Junior year went by fast and even though there were some run-ins with Victoria and her minions. I swear that girl is the evil queen, maybe someone will give her a poison apple, or better yet throw a bucket of water on her. Oh wait! that's the wicked witch, either way she needs to be taken off of her high horse. But it will not be me, I will not stoop to her level. She even had the nerve to threaten me on the last day of school, saying Nate wouldn't be able to save me. I can handle her fine on my own, thank you very much.

Nate's graduation ceremony was a teary one. I didn't want to let him go, and it almost felt like he didn't want to go either.

"I can take a year sabbatical and we can all go to college together." I shake my head as I will the tears not to fall. "You can't do that Nate. Your dad would kill you, I can't... I mean we cannot be the reason for that." I feel his hand cup my face and those tingles came back tenfold. "I'm going to miss the hell out of you Cass." That's when the tears fall down, and I feel him wipe them off my face. " We will stay in touch, and I will only be a train ride away from here."

"I'm going to miss you too Nate." That's when he kisses my cheek and then my forehead. His lips linger there longer than they normally do. "If you need anything do not hesitate to call me, got it." I nod again so afraid to talk right now and confess what I feel for him. After our goodbye he gave his goodbye to Lily too.

Senior year has started and of course like every other year since I lost my sight did not start out good. The wicked witch pushed me into the lockers, and I nearly lost it, but Lily pushed her out of the way. Luckily before it got out of hand a teacher saw and Victoria got in trouble. Karma is a bitch. But that is not the only thing that happened on the first day. Someone thought it would be funny to trip me and said I couldn't hide behind my friends anymore. I'm pretty sure it was one of Victoria's minions, but I can't be a hundred percent sure. Then more rumors were spread about me and Hunter, even though I have not talked to him in over a year now. I just wanted to curl up and die. Some of these people I considered friends and others I didn't even know.

Why did people have to be so cruel. Lily tried to be there for me and some other people too, but it wasn't the same. It was so much different now that Nate is not here. if he was here none of this would have happened.

"Do not tell Nate any of this Lil if you talk to him before I do."

"Cass"

"No, don't Cass me. He is in college, and I do not want to disturb him of his studies. Besides it's one year. How bad could it get?"

Worse is what came throughout the first half my senior year. The little incident at the beginning of the year with Victoria got worse. One day I had lunch dumped all over me, another time I was trapped in a janitor's closet. I was ready to just quit school until I got messages sent to me through my phone saying I should just die. They could not see who the calls or texts were from but me and Lily knew. She kept begging me to tell Nate, but I just couldn't do it.

Christmas break came and I was not looking forward to it. The only good thing about it was that I would not be in school. This time of year, I missed my parents the most, because no matter how busy they were, they always found the time at Christmas.

"Cassie, are you up for a visitor?"

"Sure uncle, let Lily on up." I yell back and I turn my music back on as I dance to the music. I wonder what is taking Lil so long to get up here. She probably got stuck talking to my uncle. Oh well, I'll just finish my dance exercises.

"What a lovely site to see." I yelp as I fall flat on my butt.

"Nate!"

"In the flesh"