43. I Don't Trust Her

N A T E

I honestly do not know how Cass held up for three months worrying about me. If the roles were reversed, I would have been a complete wreck. Hell, she is still afraid to leave my side not that I am complaining I love having her near me. I just worry. Especially when we found out who the physical therapist was.

"Absolutely not!" My fiancé was livid, weird saying that but still brings a smile to my face. I do not blame her because they have bad blood. "What is she doing here, Derek?"

"She's one of the best in her field."

"I don't trust her." I don't blame you baby.

"I am right here, and I only want what is best for Nate."

Cass is usually a calm person but when it comes to Victoria, she just brings out the worse in her. Is it crazy that I find angry Cassie, hot? 

"Why are you really here?" I grab her hand as best as I can as her body shakes. "Nothing, you have ever did was out of the kindness of your heart."

She tortured Cass for years and I don't blame my girl one bit. Victoria used to be a good person when we were younger, but I don't know what made her become the way she is or was back then.

"It's true, but I became a therapist because of my brother JJ." Her eyes plead with me, and I almost believe her.

"What happened to JJ?" 

We used to be best friends growing up. Going to a boarding school most of your life was a bore, but JJ and I made it interesting.

"He was injured right after we graduated. The pain he went through helped me stop being a major bitch. I was an angry, rebellious teenager and I am sorry for everything." Looking between the both of us. "I hurt you both."

"I'm sorry about your brother." Even when she is angry, she has sympathy for others. One of the reasons why I love Cass so much. "I'm going to go home and change, and when I get back you should be done." I don't want her to leave but I know this is too much for her. "I'm going to go find Derek and see if he can give me a ride. I love you."

I can never get enough of her lips, and I can care less if anyone else is in the room.

"I love you, hurry back."

                                                                                 C A S S I E

Walking out of that room was hard. I don't trust her. I have no reason to, and she is going to be alone with him.

"That was hard for you, wasn't it?" My heart races and I nearly scream as Derek is standing outside the room a little down the hall. "Sorry, I did not mean to scare you."

"Just don't do it again." I will hit you. "To answer your question, it was hard. I don't trust her."

"She is one of the best, but if it makes you uncomfortable then we can find someone else. She is not the only physical therapist out there. Nate needs to regain his muscle strength back." 

I know this, and I will not stop his process to get what he needs just because of my insecurities.

"I won't interfere."

"If it's too much..."

"Trust me, I will let you know."

It took me some time to see Victoria all the time. Not going to lie I imagine ways to harm her when it looked like she got too handsy with him. I was jealous, plain and simple and I hated it.

"We can always, get someone else to help Nate." I have been venting to Lily about it for weeks now and I am pretty sure she is getting tired of it. Some part of me still sees her as the person who shot Nate, but that never really happened, and I got to keep reminding myself of it. "I can always threaten to cut her tits off."

"One no!" I love her but damn who ever pisses Lil off, I will actually feel sorry for them. "Two this is my problem Lil. I need to get passed it."

"You're no fun."

"No, I am saving you from going to jail."

"Still no fun." Sometimes I worry about her, but I know she can take care of herself. "Are you going to surprise Nate?"

A smile graces my lips as I am actually going to pick him up from the hospital. Today he gets to come home. Lil helped me get my driver's license and I am excited to see the look on his face.

"Yeah, I should go."

"Good luck."

Driving the short drive was nerve wracking but I did it. I just wish that I didn't walk in on them laughing. He shouldn't be laughing with her! The way she touches him, I do not like it at all.

"Am I interrupting?"

Nate smile brightens more when he looks at me and it helps me breathe a little bit better.

"Not at all, we were just finishing up." I wasn't talking to you!

"Good, I got a surprise for you."

"We'll meet at tomorrow at the same time." It's for his physical therapy, otherwise she would not be here. "Take care." Bye bitch!

I hate that I am like this around her, but every time I see her it's like I am a different person.

"I don't trust her."

"I know, Cass. What surprise do you have for me?" Nice way to change the subject.

"You'll see."

Nate was surprised to see me drive and I could not have been prouder of myself than I am right now. The next couple of weeks my jealousy rose, and I hated it every single time I saw them together, it got worse every day. I tried to keep my cool, but I knew one point I was going to snap. Which unfortunately for me today was going to be the day.

"I'm telling you Nate I do not trust her." Besides we have not mentioned once about you proposing to me. Have things changed? I swear I have seen her smirk at me but I'm not completely sure. 

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course!"

"It doesn't seem like it." Then you are not seeing things for the way they are.

"It's her, not you!"

"Damn it, Cass!" He struggles to get up but when I try to help, he shrugs my hand off him and that hurts more than anything. "Because it sure as hell doesn't seem like it. You know what I will call Derek to take me home."

"I'll take you home." Please don't do this. I'm sorry!

"I just need to be by myself for right now."

I can't say anything else, and I turn to walk out of the room. This is not supposed to happen.

What the hell have I done?