17. Doctor Wet My What?

I keep getting woken up by nurses and just decide it is not worth trying to sleep right now. The worse thing is that right now my stomach grumbles loudly. Nate's head snaps up to me and I realize he had his head on my bed.

"Damn girl! Someone is hungry." I try to glare at Lil but that just make her laugh. "Please hun, you do not have a mean bone in your body. That glare is not intimidating at all." Have I mentioned before I just want to smack her upside her head? " I will go get us something to eat. Hospital food sucks." Can't argue with you there. Just as she gets our orders there is a knock on the door. "Come in." I say and in walks a man I can't see him well. Everything is still blurry but by Lil's reaction he must be hot.

"Holy mother of God." Yep, I was right. I try not to giggle so I turn my head so they can't see. I can hear the man cough to cover up his chuckle, but with his deep voice it is kind of hard to miss it.

"Sorry to interrupt. I'm Dr. Fox. Doctor Derek Fox."

"Yes, you are." Lily mutters lowly but I heard her. I hear Nate clear his throat and I look at him but cannot read the expression on his face. "What can we help with you Dr. Fox?" His tone sounds cold. I haven't heard him talk like this since that time he came back to school to make his speech.

"Right, I helped Dr. Novac assist in the procedure. He is busy with another patient and wanted me to check up on our star patient." I know I can feel my cheeks heat up. What is happening to me? "Do you mind if I check your eyes?"

"Go right ahead Doc." Nate stands up and reluctantly and let's go of my hand. "I'll go get our food and Lil can keep you company. Not sure she would want to leave right now." I can't help but smile because I think this is the quietest, I have ever heard my best friend be.

"Make sure it is something light for Miss Logan. We do not want her getting sick not that long after her surgery." Dr. Fox says.

I hear Nate groan. "Right! I think I know what is best for Cass." Nate looks at me and I still don't understand his expression. Why is he looking like that? I feel myself panic and he must sense it because my hands are on his face. "I'm fine Cass, I promise. I will get our food and be back." He gives me a kiss on the head and leaves. I turn my attention back to Dr. Fox.

"Sorry he is just real protective of us." I hear Lily cough and turn towards her. "More you than anyone." I glare at her, but she just laughs again. That bitch, but I love her.

"I completely understand I would be protective too." I feel the blush creep up my cheeks. This is so weird. No one has made me blush besides Nate in so long. He clears his throat. "If the light is too much let me know. I just need to see how your eyes react." I feel him close to me as I nod my head. He smells really good, and his cologne is not overbearing. He flashes the light in my eyes, and I blink. "Sorry about that but try not to squint and follow the light." I do what he says and hear him hum. "Very good, your eyes are reacting well to the light."

I let out a breath that I was holding in. "Everything is so blurry still." He squeezes my hand man oh man his hand feels good. God, what has gotten into me? "Give it time it will improve Cassie." I just hum in response. I literally feel tongue tied at this moment. He lets out a deep sensual laugh and I don't think I am the only feeling the effects from it. What is going on? "Alright I will check in on you later Cassie. If you need anything just call the nurses and I will be right here." I nod my head, I am feeling too flustered, and I don't know how to feel about it. I see his figure walk out the door and Lily is by my side in an instant fanning herself.

"Girl! He is smoking hot!"

"I'll take your word Lil, he just looked like a blob to me." But boy did he have a sexy voice.

"He can be my tonight, tomorrow and every day after that." She is still fanning herself. "I thought Nate was hot in high school but boy that man is a God!" I roll my eyes but can't help but laugh. "You're too much Lil."

"You know me Cass, I wouldn't mind Dr. McDreamy and McSteamy all rolled into one."

"Lil, you know they get killed off the show." God, I had to console her after that for like a week. She decided to never watch that show again. Which I agree it just seemed to go downhill from there.

"Yeah, but we do not speak of that like...ever. Besides he can be Dr. McWetmypants."

"Doctor wet my what?" I laugh so hard I feel the tears in my eyes...only this girl, but I love her. As I am trying to get my laughter under control Nate walks back in.

"I bring you food."

"Yessss!" I practically shout just to get off of the topic we were just on. "Okay what is going on with you two?" He asks suspiciously. Please Lil do not say it. "Dr. McWetmypants." I smack my hand on my head. She freaking said it. "Dr. Wet my what?" I can't help but laugh because that's what I said.

I begin to laugh so hard again. "Dr. (laughs) Fox (laughs) Oh my God! I can't stop laughing." My stomach hurts and I know if I don't stop, I will not be able to eat the delicious smelling food. I can feel Nate's eyes rolling. "Okaaaaay!" he says as he hands me my food. I could kiss him right now I am so hungry. Wait no I can't do that! I take a bite of my food and moan. Everything gets quiet. "What? Lil has the hots for Dr. Fox." I take another bite of burger as I am so over this conversation, that is of course until Nate speaks, and I almost choke on my food. "What about you Cass?" The tone of his voice changes and it confuses me, but I just shrug it off. I am uncomfortable talking about this. "He's just a blur."

"For now, once you see him, and I mean really see him...you'll be drooling too." Not helping at all here Lil.

"I just want to see, that's all that matters to me." That's a lie but I really need to change the subject at the moment.

"You'll get there, babes. Oh shit! I gotta go or I will be late for my date." I smile because I am happy that everything is not always revolved around me anymore. They are starting to enjoy their own lives.

"Go have fun." She squeezes my hand and is hesitant to let go. "Are you sure?" I knew it, she will try to find an excuse, but I am not having any of that. She just started having a life on her own, I am not taking that away from her. "Yes! Now go before I tell Nate about that one time in the treehouse."

"Okay, okay I am going." She kisses my cheek. "Don't you dare tell him I will kill you." I laugh and kiss her cheek. "Love you Lil."

"Love you too babes."

"Bye Lil, and I guess I will just eat the food I got for you."

"Damn it I'm sorry it totally slipped my mind. Besides you're a big boy I'm sure you can eat or give it to Cass." I still am wolfing down my food like there is no tomorrow. I don't care I am starving. "Maybeeeee." I say as I take bite out of my fries. My friends just laugh at me, but I don't care. I'm eating, there is nothing worse than cold fries.

"Later bitches"

We make light conversation and I try to get him to open up about the most recent girl he has dated. He tries to brush it off like he always does.

"Come on Cass, we only went on a few dates." I roll my eyes because it is always the same excuse. I'm about to open my mouth and say something but he speaks before I can. "Besides she is not the right one for me, I know it. Anyways maybe now you will not be afraid to join us in the real world." I scoff at him and punch his arm. "I have been in the real-world Nate." He shakes his head and chuckles. "Not really, you have not let anyone get close to you except for us."

Why the heck are we talking about this?

I was so excited about finally being able to see, that I forgot I don't know anything about dating or any stuff like that. I am a twenty-one-year-old virgin for crying out loud. I have a feeling that I am going to learn the hard way about life and I'm not sure how I feel about that.