9

"I heard you signed the contract" It was Kouvoh.

"opo, kahapon. Ibinigay ko ang folder kay Laeioun dahil hindi kita mahanap" Kharryl replied.

"Sorry, I have to do some stuff outside yesterday." Kouvoh explained.

She nod, "naiintindihan ko"

"any moment from now, the process of surrogacy will begin, we have to prepare especially you."

"Handa ako ano mang oras at araw, Ginooshe smiled.

Kouvoh didn't replied back afterward however continued to stare into Kharryl's eyes. Seeking if she's genuine about what she said. He just wanted to know and see if there's a hint of regret in her system but Kouvoh saw none.

"Ginoo?" she called.

He hummed in response, "bakit gan'yan ka makatingin? Naiilang ako?" she lowered her head to avoid his gaze.

His lips trembled from restraining a smile, he cleared his throat.
"I apologize, I just wanted to make sure that you are fully recovered from that accident..."

She cupped her cheek, "maayos naman na ako, noong nakaraan pa po"

"I see, that's good" he nod.

"Excuse me," Nejilda suddenly showed up.

"Yes?" he replied.

"someone called, he said he wanted to speak with you" the old lady handed the telephone to him.

"please excuse me," he said, glancing at Kharryl's direction once again before walking away.

Nejilda began to sniff, as if she sense something fishy.

"ano po ang ginagawa n'yo?" Kharryl confusedly ask.

"wala naman, inaalam ko lang kung may something na ba" Nejilda smiled, teasingly.

"something na ano po?" she asked again.

Nejilda shook her head, "pagmamahal"

"po? Hindi po talaga kita maintindihan" Kharryl scratched her nape in confusion.

"Huwag mong ipilit kung hindi mo pa maintindihan, pagdating ng panahon, magkukusa 'yan" Nejilda's stated, turning away from her and uttering love is on the air  in a singsong tone.

"Are you ready, binibini?" Kouvoh turned to Kharryl. She look so nervous since that day started.

"Po? Oo naman po... bakit hindi?" she forced a smile, hoping that he won't recognize.

"You don't look okay, your voice trembled. Just a little push and you'll stutter. Sweats are currently forming on your temple and was about to glide their way down to your chin" Kouvoh noticed.

"ano... ano kasi" she looked away, letting her eyes roam around like she's searching for an answer.

"hey," he held both of her shoulder to make her stay still.