41

A|N: Hello everyone, I’m open for criticism.
If you see any grammatical, punctuation, or typographical problems, please feel free to correct me. Your opinions are greatly valued. Enjoy reading!

•••

“South Lumiere...”

Napabalik sa katinuan si Kharryl nang marinig ang nagbabantang boses ni Kouvoh. Halatang hindi nito nagustuhan ang huling sinabi ng anak.

“Go back inside the car, buddy. Your mother and I needs to talk.” Kouvoh said.

“I only have you and then Daddy Lae and then Grandmy and Grandma. The mother is not inside the frame.” South argued.

“Please, buddy.” Kouvoh blurt out, controlling his tone. “Go back inside the car.” Kouvoh ordered.

The young boy stared at her like she is the person he dislike the most. She felt a pang on her chest.

Without a word, the young boy turned his back on her and walks away. Opening the passenger side door and steps in; slamming it close.

Her whole being are aching. She is at the bound of breaking down. This is not the kind of encounter she wants for her and South to meet again.

“Looks like I can’t talk to you at this moment...” Kouvoh snapped, tender countenance is visible on his face. Gone the emotionless look he wore earlier.

Kharryl nods in agreement, “sa tingin ko kailangan ko ng umuwi. Napadaan lang talaga ako rito—” Kouvoh cuts in her statement.

“No you can’t leave again, Binibini.”  Kouvoh contradicted, “you did it twice. Please don’t do it thrice. Not again, please?” Kouvoh begged.

She felt something stabbed her heart, hearing him begging and seeing him like he is ready to kneel down and beg for her to stay. It is too painful because even in her imagination, Kouvoh will never kneel to anyone.

“Why not?” she asked.

“Because...” Kouvoh’s eyes wandered around like those are searching for an answer.

“Because?” Kharryl asked.

His eyes settled back to her, “Because I wanted to tell you about something and it is really important.” Kouvoh emphasize the word important.

“We can talk next time...” her gaze shifted to the car’s passenger direction. “Your son is waiting for you.” She added.

“Don’t you want to be with him?” Kouvoh asked.