50

“The things that are truly meant for you will never run from you. They will show up and be there to stay.” — The better man project

•••

Kouvoh took the chance he’s been waiting, Kharryl noticed his determination to the point that he want to do everything for her. She mean EVERYTHING. Like cooking, serving foods and wash the dishes like what she used to do.

Kharryl chuckled when Kouvoh snatched the sponge away from her grip, “Let me do this, binibini.” Kouvoh insist.

“You really don’t have to do this, you know?” she said, still smiling. Those are the only chores she can do under his roof.

He’s been doing the laundry and some cleaners are maintaining the house neat and clean. They are the employees of the village. They would drop by once a week to clean each houses.

“But I want to...” he retorted.

She playfully rolled her eyes, “whatever...” she said and washed her hands.

“Go to your room and get change, South is waiting for both of us in the living room.” Kouvoh said.

She nod and obeyed. Kouvoh asked them out and who is she to refuse after South shrilled in excitement? She don’t want to hindrance his happiness.  This is the least she can do to make it up to him.

Like what Kouvoh said, Kharryl went upstairs and changed her clothes. She went to South afterwards. She couldn’t stop herself from smiling when her eyes landed on her son who’s fully prepared to go.

“Hello there handsome...” Kharryl greeted that made him smile.

“You look beautiful, mom.” He replied that made her blush, he chuckles, seeing her reaction. “Where’s dad?” South asked.

“Kitchen, doing the dishes.” Kharryl replied.

A playful smirk formed on his small pink lips, “trying hard, huh?” He remarked.

It’s her turn to laugh this time, “yes, he is.” She said in agreement.

South shrugged, “That’s his way of wooing you.”

Wooing, right. He’s been courting her since yesterday. Kharryl felt no regret nor doubt.

A squeak fled from Kharryl’s mouth when she felt someone gripped both side of her hips. She heard Kouvoh chuckled from behind. Kharryl turned to face him with glare. His laughter got muffled in his mouth when he noticed the kind of look on her face.

“Not funny.” Kharryl speaked.

Kouvoh gave her an apologetic look, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” Kouvoh replied, slightly lowering his head, feeling so guilty of his actions.

Kharryl quirked a smile, “forgiven.” She said then turns back to her son. “Are you ready?” Her son nods in response.

“Well then let’s go.” Kouvoh said.

Kharryl held South’s hand as they stride closer to the exit, Kouvoh follows and watched them from behind they successfully stood outside the door after taking a few steps. Kharryl and South paused from their tracks to wait for Kouvoh who took his time securing the lock of the door. After locking it, he then turns to face them and curves a smile.