48

“Sometimes we lose people just to find them again. Sometimes,the second time just makes more sense. Honestly, that timing in life has a lot to do with everything. Sometimes, you just aren’t ready for each other yet and that’s okay. Now you are. Make it magical, make it amazing, and appreciate every moment.” —Erin Rose

•••

“Hey...”

Kharryl turned to face Kouvoh, the man slightly smiled at her that almost took her breath away. He stride closer to her direction. Here comes her rapid heart action, the effect of Kouvoh Lumiere on her.

His eyes dropped on the things she's been doing, “I’m making snacks for both of you and I apologize for not asking your permission first before using the kitchen.” Kharryl immediately explained.

Kouvoh slightly waved his hand, “you don’t have to. Feel free to do whatever you want.” he replied.

“Thank you.” she said, turning her attention back to the food she’s been making. Trying to calm her fast beating heart.

Thinking Kouvoh left, Kharryl was startled when she heard him ask “Where is he?” asking for South.

She frantically turned to face him again, amusement sparkled in his eyes as it met hers. Looks like the man loves to give her an heart attack.

“He’s in his room. I told him to get some rest while i’m making his snacks.” Kharryl replied.

Kouvoh nods, shifting his direction and made his way closer to the fridge. Her eyes trailed to Kouvoh’s movements. He opened the door of the fridge and pulled out a freezing pitcher.

Kharryl made a move, grabbing a glass of water and handed it to Kouvoh. She met his eyes when she looked up to check on him when he didn’t move. She stood there, unmoved. Waiting for him to accept the empty glass. She wants to look away but a part of her contradicts.

“Auh... you won’t gonna use this?” Kharryl asked, breaking the silence between them. That’s the time when Kouvoh bat his eyes.

He pulled it from her grip, “Thanks.” He said. Giving her that small smile again before turning his attention to the pitcher.

Kharryl cleared her throat and tried to focus her attention on the snacks but her eyes keep glancing and observing Kouvoh secretly. She then noticed his exhaustion. Kharryl recalled that they were sleepless yesternight. Did he even took a nap?

‘Looks like he did not...’ Kharryl said in her head. Finishing the food and turns to face Kouvoh. “Have your snack first and get some rest. Let me handle things for a while.” Kharryl presented.

He placed the glass on the counter and smiles again. “Okay, binibini. If you insist.” He said, widening his playful smile as he shrug.

Kharryl’ face slightly crumpled as Kouvoh let out a booming laughter that echoed inside the kitchen. She shook her head, couldn’t help but to smile as she see and hear him laughing. Here comes her pounding heart again. It keeps reacting for Kouvoh.

‘Oh my foolish heart, please stop falling for this man.’ She mentally command.

His laughter dies down but the smile on his lips and the sparkling joy in his eyes did not disappear. “Thank you...” he said after a moment of silence.