4 | ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴄᴇs

Warnings: it seems like Uki might have an eating disorder, but it is just one of her Quirk's side effects. Check out All About Uki in All About OCs if you want to know more.

Word count: 1062

•...-----☆ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴄᴇs☆-----...•

There are too many people.

This is my usual opinion but this is way too many people by anyone's standards.

Then I see her, and suddenly wish there were more people.

She turns, catching me by the arm as I try to sidle behind a tallish girl with white hair. "Miss Hoshizora! My, my, my, what a surprise to see you here."

"Hello, Marcia Weathersfield," I monotone.

"But of course," the red-haired reporter continues, shoving her microphone in my face and talking over my sighs, "it comes as no surprise that you got into the famous UA high school!"

"Please move," I say.

"Oh, but our listeners here at Musutafu Minutes would love to hear from the girl who gave us hope!"

Musutafu Minutes? I think. I feel sorry for any listeners wasting their precious minutes on this rubbish. "I did not give anyone hope. Please move."

Marcia pouts, turning around to her cameraman. He winces slightly, anticipating what's next. Poor guy, looks little older than me. She whispers fiercely, leaving him to nod nod nod. I take the opportunity to try moving past them.

"Miss Hoshizora!" Marcia interrupts. Again. "What are your plans now you've gotten into the Hero course? Can you tell us about the teachers?"

"To get out of it, and they're fine." I finally manage to get past the pushy reporter, swiping my card and letting myself into the school.

I want to collapse into my chair the moment I enter the classroom, but I have something else I need to do first.

I place a jar on his table and melt into a corner.

In the jar are flowers.

He seems confused by the jar. Starting to reach out to it, he jumps as I speak.

"Paterson's Curse," I say. "Pretty, isn't it?"

Midoriya waves his hands around his head in confusion. I stare at him. "T-t-they're very pretty, H-Hoshizora-sama-san!"

I frown at him, perplexed. What in all the worlds was that honorific? Hmm. Nervous kid.

"But looks are not always right," I say softly. "It got its name for a reason."

He blinks at me. Gross, there's like a thousand beads of sweat streaming down his face.

"That pretty flower is a weed, Midoriya Izuku."

I use my Quirk to pull the weeds out of the jar, gently placing the crown of Patterson's Curse on Midoriya's head.

I return to my seat, cutting my eyes away to the broccoli boy again after a moment. He stares up at his head, hand twitching fearfully towards the pretty weeds I left there.

That's right, Midoriya, I think. I know you have a secret.

Scared yet?

His eyes slowly move back down, landing on mine. I widen my eyes and smile, baring a few teeth.

𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ☆ ᴀ 𝙼𝙷𝙰 𝙾𝙲 sᴛᴏʀʏजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें