9 | ᴀ ᴄᴀᴛᴀsᴛʀᴏᴘʜᴇ ᴏғ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ

Warnings: fight scene this time around! no severe damage, but there are mentions of blood etc.

Word count: 1264

☆-----...•ᴀ ᴄᴀᴛᴀsᴛʀᴏᴘʜᴇ ᴏғ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ•...-----☆

"Hoshi-sama versus Todoroki?" Jiro asks in the stands, leaning forward. "Can't help wondering who's gonna come off worse in that one."

"Him," Mina says, stoutly rooting for her adopted best friend.

Jiro waves the comment away, so vigorously the other girl is left looking around to see if there are any flies. "Oh, obviously Hoshi-sama's going to win," she says. "I'm just saying, her image with the school isn't at its greatest."

Mina ponders this, looks down at the opponents in the dust field. "I guess this'll be interesting, then."

☆-----...•...-----☆

Todoroki narrows his eyes at me. "What do you think you're doing, Hoshizora?"

Oh, interesting. He's actually quite mad.

The hot-cold boy stalks towards me, sending out little puffs of ice and fire. "You think you are so much better than all of us, but you don't know what it feels like to fail, do you? You don't understand the pain."

An extra-large flame blossoms towards me and I hop out of the way.

He does not, cannot, understand just how wrong he is about that. My lips thin, my eyebrows knit together, and I open my mouth to-

Todoroki snaps, running towards me and swinging his left hand at my head. I duck, twirl behind him. He twists around, bringing his right hand in an upper hook, but I dodge again. An icicle, sharp as glass, slashes at my cheek, and I wipe at it.

He takes advantage of my "distraction," sending a hot, large, full-on flame right at my face. I jump, activating my Quirk, and do a forward roll midair. I push off his head to change my trajectory as a projectile storm of ice heads my way.

Is he trying to kill me?

Hmph. I land on my toes, roll down to my heels as I spin around. He'll have to try a lot harder.

I jump and pull myself down with more gravity than my weight, sending up a cloud of dust and rock to cloak myself and distract Todoroki. Dashing forwards, I pick up a rock and throw it out of the ring. He immediately turns to throw up a wall of ice behind him to stop himself being dragged out.

Not that I would do that. I touched the ground after him, so only the dust would follow that rock-- unless he was a lot lighter and I cared a lot more about winning this fight. But he's smart: he saw how I beat my other opponents. He's been watching everyone fight for weeks.

Too bad he's clearly playing defensive.

☆-----...•...-----☆

Midoriya exhales softly, leaning forward in the stands. Iida, noticing, cuts a hand through the air. "Quite impressive! As expected from a recommendation student."

The broccoli boy beside him shakes his head, points at the nearest display. It focuses on Hoshizora as she blinds Todoroki with a flurry of rocks and dust. Ice explodes out of the makeshift fog, before the camera whirls back to the now purple-eyed girl. She's breathing a little heavy, a small rip in her glove freeing the way for a small drop of blood to ornament her hand with crimson.

"Look at her eyes," he tells Iida.

"Yes, they're purple," he says, adjusting his glasses, "something to do with her Quirk--"