11 | ᴏɴᴇ-ᴜᴘᴘᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴜᴘᴘᴀɴᴄᴇ

Warnings: None!

Word Count: 1359

☆-----...•ᴏɴᴇ-ᴜᴘᴘᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴜᴘᴘᴀɴᴄᴇ•...-----☆

The doors of Hazy Myths Agency open slowly.

They're automatic, glass, and seem fairly new despite their creaks and complaints. The cool air inside feels a little stale, and I have to take note to avoid the spiderwebs in the corners.

Needless to say, I don't think Miracuity's a big enough name to get a lot of funding.

A bundle of obnoxiously bright colours comes bursting towards me, literally skidding to a stop inches from my face.

"Hi!" the bundle of obnoxiously bright colours says, grasping my left hand in both of hers as she shakes it enthusiastically. "I'm Mira and you're Hoshizora Ukizuki and it's very pleasant to meet you I'm sure!"

"Miracuity..!" A suited man wheezes, holding onto the bannister for dear life as he hurries downstairs and across the lobby. "Please, be more formal and proper when..." he stops to place a hand to his chest and take a few good, deep breaths. Miracuity... Mira... takes advantage of his pause to interrupt.

"It's all good!" she says, waving a hand. "I've known Hoshizora for a while and we are on very good close friendly terms and we are all chummy there's no need for this properness stuff."

Mira smells like

a dark alley

memories.

She does not use commas. Her words come fast and they flow nonstop.

Oh dear. I've signed myself up for a definite headache.

"You just said it was pleasant to meet her!" he protests.

"Aha! And we've been found out so I think it's time we goooo!" Mira drags me along, up the stairs into what seems like a break room. "Welcome to Hazy Myths Agency! You'll figure out stuff as we go along but you oughta get friendly with the other interns I suppose."

Hmm. Can't hurt to become familiar with my new colleagues. Assess their strengths. Their weaknesses.

Mira disappears in an energetic whirl. Observing from the doorway, I can see most of the room. I note a dark-haired girl sleeping next to a short girl who's chatting away to someone with white and blue hair, and a girl with a Shiketsu cap standing alone. I catch names: Mari-Hime, Arashi, Futome.

I only take two steps into the room before another individual comes into my view, and for the first time in a while, I have to double-take.

My friend--

(You didn't hurt him.
No matter what they say.
We'll protect you.
'Cause we're friends.

No. No. I won't let him get hurt again.)

My friend grins. "Hey there, moon girl."

"Hey, Patchwork," I say softly. He grins and wraps an arm around me, squeezing my shoulder before he lets go.

"Saw you at the sports fest!" he declares. "Say, was that mic from Hatsume? She's my classmate and she's damn good at what she does. We got ourselves a friendly competition going on, you know? Which reminds me," he snaps his fingers in my face, "is there anything I can do for you? I wanna best her sound system override mic. You still have it, don't you?" He grimaces dramatically. "It looks pretty useful, actually."