14 | ᴛʜɪs ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴋʏ

Warnings: Swearing, some mentions of blood

Word Count: 1575

☆-----...•ᴛʜɪs ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴋʏ•...-----☆

I jump as a hand lands on my shoulder. My Quirk's left me for now, but my eyesight is still dim enough that the action is able to take me by surprise.

Stay on your guard. Always...

"Ukidō," Beans says, shaking me back and forth, "you're so cool! PLEASE I NEED YOU TO TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW THAT I HELPED MAKE YOUR COSTUME."

Miracuity smiles (I think) and sweeps her hands out at her sides, letting them land on her hips as she surveys the crowd. Beans hurries to support the Hero, who should definitely not be standing yet. "That huge battle I mentioned earlier, they requested assistance if possible. It's more of those--" she wriggles her fingers-- "things. Let's move, yeah?"

My vision is completely clear for a moment and I see the Hero staring at me.

"I'm sorry," says Mira, voice distorted.

"What did we do?"

Then clouds darken my view and I squint. Miracuity and Beans are a few steps ahead.

That's weird.

I shake my head.

...what's weird?

I don't forget things like this. Maybe my body's unaligned from the moon and it's messed up my sleep...

The last thing I forgot clicks through my mind again, rattling around and demanding attention. Iida... don't be an idiot.

We round the corner and a scene from the hells burning below bursts out, large shadowy figures fighting professionals in colourful, skintight costumes. I spot Endeavour. The dark gold of his voice, throwing out a battlecry, is somehow similar to the tone of his sons' pale green whispers.

"Beans, you ready to show 'em how a brilliant on-scene support student does her work?"

"Am I," the girl replies, headpieces extending into a headset. Beans whips out a handful of metal balls with orbits of gears, sending them to skid towards the nearest fight.

"Ukidō, I'm trusting you to assist anyone you judge needs it."

"Roger." Miracuity looks like she's planning to work with Beans on the sidelines, eyes growing distant as, I can only presume, she begins to use her Quirk. I scan the battlefield for a moment, stubbornly ignoring the hazy black still gathered at the corners of my eyes, and leap into the air again, gloriously weightless for moments, before I drop onto the head of one of the beasts. It roars out in pain, the sound thudding, resounding inside my head. I silence the protests of my leg. Pain later. Business now. The Hero beneath the Nomu gapes up at me, until I raise my eyebrows and he snaps back to work.

The Nomu swipes angrily at me.

I jump, twist midair, and kick it on my way down. It attempts to hit me again and sways, the Pro Hero taking advantage of its unstable state to sweep its legs out from under it. The Nomu falls heavily on the ground, and I have to hop out of the way to avoid being crushed. My pocket vibrates angrily and I pull out my phone, narrowing my eyes as I see an alert from Midoriya.