8 | ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜɪʀʟᴡɪɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴ

Warnings: Swearing

Word Count: 1103

☆-----...•ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜɪʀʟᴡɪɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴ•...-----☆

The air blows past me, a cold wind snatching away my breath.

I exhale, try to sense unusual weights, voices, anything. My Quirk refuses to co-operate.

this. damn. school.

Something knocks into me from behind, cold hitting the back of my kneecaps. Ice, I barely have time to think before I fall forward. Something explodes, blinding me and nudging my body into the air.

DAMNIT, TODOROKI.

My ears ring, eyes still distracted by blinding dancing circles of light. I hate the side effects of my Quirk so. much.

Well, may as well redeem myself.

Instead of simply walking over the field in midair, I snatch the threads of a plan forming in my subconscious and jump off the heads of the students beneath me, pushing them to the mines in the ground.

Confusion.
Chaos.
Cosmically intriguing to the point every Hero in the audience wants to figure me out.

I leap to the floor, scanning for the miniscule lumps that mark the location of the traps, and begin to dance.

It's kinda fun, to be honest.

I can't move very far or quickly but it reminds me of a memory buried deep in my heart.

Let's shine!
Dance, starlight, the word is dance*.

//*Shine: oterimashou; dance: odorimashou. They sound similar-//

The only person who calls me starlight is my big sister.

Asa.

She and my dads are in the stands, their fierce Hoshizoraness coming out as they negotiated their way into holding three tickets. It was more entertaining to watch that than this festival has been so far.

Wait...

A whistling noise comes from above me.

I do not trust this school to keep things simple.

I turn, see Midoriya about to crash-land behind me, and jump, pushing him forwards.

His head turns in slow motion to look at me as he lands over the finish line.

I stroll past after him, comfortably in second place.

Midnight grins. "We have a winner and a girl of mystery! What was that about, Hoshizora?"

I smile, walk to the far side of the stadium. Midnight gives up pointing the microphone at me and gestures for Mic to keep announcing those who come through.

Most of them look tired already.

I scan the competition for a couple minutes before Midnight moves on.

"The cavalry battle!"

Urgh.

Same rules as always but we can use our Quirks... Of course.

I note Midoriya's million-point headband with satisfaction, then sidle over to the girl my eyes keep coming back to.

"Team up with me," I request of Jiro.