Chapter 34 - [Unveiling]

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

The bell rang, and the second half of the sports festival began.

It was time for the recommended participants' events. Where Only the elite students from each class would take part in the remaining four competitions.

"You're participating in the scavenger hunt, right Kiyotaka-kun?"

"I'd rather not honestly. But there's nothing we could do once it's all set"
I answered Chiaki

Sudou was the other Competitor for the Scavenger, and he seemed pumped up as ever.

With this event having a luck based outcome, who knows who'd win even with our class at a disadvantage

"Hmmm..." I hummed

Speaking of being pumped up, we had an exact opposite at the far end of the tent.

Well, not really. As soon as I arrived back at the tent after having lunch with Chiaki and Hiyori. I noticed Horikita in deep thought.

Deep enough that she was actually exuding the 'do not disturb' aura around her. Preventing anyone from speaking to her.

I as well, took from their example and left Horikita be. It seemed that something happened and seems to be thinking on how to tackle it.

On a side note, I asked Kushida if she had any idea but she only said she'll tell me later because it was a very sensitive topic.

Shrugging it all off, I made my way to the field alongside Sudou.

"Good luck Kiyotaka-kun" Chiaki smile sweetly as I went.

"Yeah... I'll definitely need it..."

Muttering under my breath. The referees explained the competition before it started.

"Some items in the scavenger hunt are quite difficult to procure. To pick a new item, you can request a redraw, but there will be a thirty-second waiting period. You must make your redraw request to the referee when you draw your lot during the competition. The game ends when three players reach the goal. That's all"

After the explanation, we all started getting ready for the second round of the Sport's Festival, which I was participating in.

Our destination was fairly obvious, with a number of boxes in each and every one of our lane.

Pretty soon, the first race started. Everyone simultaneously dashing towards their designated box.

Sudou was the very first to reach his, with the others lagging behind. But speed wasn't the deciding factor of the Scavenger hunt

Carefully reaching inside the box, Sudou unfold his paper then suddenly jumped in joy

He seems to first run back to me, but then made a ninety degree turn towards our camp.

I didn't really know what he got, but he did appear to cause quite a ruckus.

The others from different classes also went their own way, everyway, searching for their items

Soon enough, I saw Sudou running towards the finish line with a.... Shoe?

"Huh..."

Looks like lady luck was smiling in his direction this time around.

Moments later, the other students finished with Class A in second, then Class B, and finally Class C.

I couldn't bask in my teammate's victory for so long though, as soon it was my turn