The Confession

MONIKA

It's been a few good days since Monika upped her teasing with you, she had gotten to the point that she'd try to get you flustered in public.

This type of behavior got you many deadly eyes staring at you in school, mainly by Monika's admirers.

Most of the time she used this opportunity to keep people like them away from her, snuggling up to you or outright flirting in public.

You obviously did have a thing for her since the beginning but ever since she started acting like this it began getting to you much more than you could handle.

One day, it seemed to have been the last straw.

The end of the year's school festival rolled by and you decided it was the perfect time to tell her how you feel.

You had a suspicion that she'd turn this into a competition and see who confesses first.

That day the two of you met up at the gates and from that very spot on you spent the entire day together.

Blocking out all judgement and dense crowds who saw you together, eating snacks, pranking each other at stall games and even idly talking while sitting at the fountain.

But now that you were here...in the dark yet colorful night, at the blissful spot of a large fountain with the prettiest girl you ever laid eyes upon.

Was it the right time?

You could already feel yourself starting to panic so you tried to take actions early to cool it off.

Monika: Y/N? Where are you going?

Y/N: I'm just going to grab a drink for myself, I'll be right back!

You wave to her and begin jogging down the tiled path until you were a good distance away and in a secluded spot.

You started pacing around and began reciting what you could potentially say.

Y/N: ....The truth is, I liked you long before you even talked to me...?! What! No that's creepy...

???: You're an actual joke...

A heavy voice came from behind you as you turn to see a fairly tall boy who walked around the corner to reveal himself.

It was one of your class mates who always had a suspicion about you and Monika to the point he even confronted her about it but got told off under your nose.

???: You're not actually planning on going for THE Monika are you?

Y/N: Why the hell is that your concern?

???: Because I'm trying to save her from throwing away herself.

Before you could protest, he continued speaking.

???: I mean, look at you. You barely ever spoke up in class let alone talk to anyone and now just because she's finally noticing your sorry ass it's enough for you to go at her? Sure if you think she likes you back then go for it. But know that you're still the same pathetic excuse of a person who's too weak to even speak for himself, you'll be an embarrassment to her...you'll break her image not just as a student but as a person wholely. You really like her? Spare her the burden dude. Give her better people to look for if you really care.

Y/N: ...

Despite all the things Monika told you, about ignoring lies and thinking better of yourself, his vile words struck through you harder than you could stand for.