It's her Birthday!

MONIKA

A rough day at work was all that the couple was used to now. Monika, being the assistant manager of a perfume production company, had many cases of being shrouded in work even in the confines of her own home.

A phone to the ear and a frustrated overtone was what she was seen as for the majority of the day.

A year was about to go by just like this and you weren't ready to let it stay that way. And what better way to help the love of your life unwind by sharing a day with her on her up coming birthday?

It was a Monday, the worst possible day for anyone chained in the dread of what was known as 'office life'.

Monika was having a confusing day rather than a stressful one however, she was ready to come home and tell you all about it. She gushed out a sigh of relief and joy when she saw your car parked infront of the house, you'd always leave it out so Monika could park her inside the garage first.

As she got out of her car, she noticed you peaking through the window nearest to the door. Giggling to herself gleefully, she took it as a sign to make haste and come inside.

Monika: What's got you all giddy today?

She asked as she tossed her bag onto the coat rack without a care and stumbled over to you.

Y/N: What? Do I need a specific reason to be happy to see my miss perfect girlfriend?

You made your way over to the girl who had her arms raised at you, her face showed a bright warm smile and her eyes remained closed. You knew what she was waiting for and you were there to deliver.

Slipping your arms underneath her's, you snake them around her back and up. As you tighten the warm grip, she lets out a sweet little hum and practically deflated in your arms.

Y/N: Hoo! That was a big one. Bad day at work again?

Monika: Mmmhhh not really. Everyone was just- weird.

Y/N: Weirder than what you tell me?

Monika: Well no- I guess that's the thing. It was all so tame today.

She pulled away, much to her own protest and moved the conversation over at the couch.

Monika: Everyone was just so- nice today. Some weren't trying to test my patience and others were trying to cover for me. Even the boss was ready to get me off early but I had to refuse that because we had a new presentation coming up and even THEN my colleagues were trying to get me to sit back and do it for me.

Y/N: And you think that's weird, today?

Monika: Hm?

You stare at the girl, dumbfounded.

Y/N: You really don't know what's today?

Monika: It's a...Monday? Oh! It's my turn to do laundry, I know.

You shake your head and laugh before jumping off the couch.  Confused, Monika stands up and follows you out of the living room and into the kitchen.