39

Chapter Thirty Nine – Bonding

Sirena's POV

I've been locked up in here for days, weeks, or, even months. I don't know, my sense of time off. Beginning lock in a cell, no way of knowing what day is it, locked in pure darkness...

My stomach growled for the hundredth time. I'm sure they heard, choosing to ignore me. I close my eyes, I could feel my strength slipping away, I can't even feel my wolf any more. I rested on the cold, damp walls, I glanced at one of the guards. I shuddered recognizing him, he tried to rape me, unfortunately for him, he failed.

I woke up one day to big, slimy hands touching me. I felt cold, but i didn't know why. It took me awhile for it to register in my mind what was happening. I, the image of the guy touching me as I struggled, vivid in my mind. I screamed, I fought and even went as far as begging, but he continued, placing sloppy way kisses all over me. I was still a virgin and I didn't want this guy to take it from me. I cried, begging him over and over to stop. At some point i just gave up, feeling the strength and will power to live dissipating, I felt numb weak, broken. Images of Zander flashed before my eyes. My love, I'm so sorry, I thought.

Just when the guy was about to reach for my pant, a loud bang echoed through the room, rattling the cells bars. The stupid guy in charge barge in and when he saw what was happening before his eyes... well he was mad, and not because he cared or anything. Simply because he wanted me for himself. That was his plan after all, he forcefully mates and marks be, and he becomes powerful, gaining shared powers.

He, off course got into trouble with his boss. I didn't see him for weeks, to my delight, but that was short-lived. He took his anger out on me. When the maids come to give me my one meal a day consisting of stale bread and meat. As soon as she's gone, so is my food; eating it in front of me, taunting me. It has been days now, I think, and I'm starving. Which brings us back full circle.

My stomach growled again, I've yet to receive my meal of the day. So when it arrived, imagine my shock when it was presented to me by...

Ellie.

...

Zander's POV

No time was wasted, as soon as we got everything prepped and strategized, we got into action. I left Devon along with his mate to guard the pack, much to their dismay. But once I explained to them, it's best to have someone here at the pack to prevent an ambush. Knowing I was right, they reluctantly agreed, promising to protect the pack to their last breath. Knowing that my pack was in good hands eased my anxious mind.

As we were leaving, I caught the eye of Ophelia. She mouthed, 'bring my daughter back to me.' the love and hurt behind those eyes... With a curt nod towards her, my worriers and I were off. With renewed determination.

I will bring her back.

...

We camped for the night. Taking turn patrolling. 

My wolf Thunder went crazy, waking me from my sleep. I must have full asleep, more exhausted than I thought. "What is it," I asked. It's Rina.  I was on full alert. "Where," eager to find my mate.  "East, south from here,"  he replied, picking up our mate's sent. With heist, I called my warriors to order.  We ran, tracking Rina's scent. Pushing ourselves faster.  

We made it to the Scarlet Moon pack before dawn, Rina's sent strong here. She's here, chipped Thunder.  We split up surrounding the pack house. They had some nerve using the Scarlet Moon's Pack house as their hideaway. I gave my orders, barging into the room with a handful of warriors. Just ahead.  I followed the scent, to what seems to be where they put their prisoners. 

The stench of blood and rotting bodies hung thick in the air. "Mate, mate," Thunder barked, urgency in his voice. I took the basement stairs two at a time, not expecting to bump into Ellie.  "What the hell are you doing here," I hissed. A look of surprise clear on her face. "Al-Alpha... n-nothing." I narrowed my eyes at her. She's clearly lying. I don't have time for this. i tried to side step her, blocking my path. "Move," I hissed. "You don't want here, Alpha is not worth it," placing her hand on me. My jaw clenched. I'm getting the suspicion that she's hiding something from me. 

"Get your hand off of me," I growled, slapping her hands away. Ellie stepped back a stunned. "Move, now. I will not be repeating myself," I snarled, using my Alpha tone on full blast. I pushed her out of my way, tired of her antics. I clambered the rest of the way, following her scent, masked with the stench of dry blood, mould, and rot. 

"Rina," I called out her name, hoping she'll hear me. "Rina," I called again. This time a faint voice replied. "Zander." following the sound of the voice, i came to a cell, and what i saw before me broke my heart to shreds. Thunder howled in pain at the sight of our mate, all battered and frail. i rushed to her side, not registering the pain as the silver burns my hand. My mate, my only priority. 

 "Rina, stay with me. I need you to stay with me, love." 

"Zander..." her words hard to say. "Shh, love. Don't talk." I mind linked my warriors, who were currently with Ellie, questioning her. "Zander," her voice barely a whisper. "Don't talk like that, love. This isn't goodbye. We'll get you home. You'll be fine, I promise," measuring her. I don't know who I was trying to convince more, me or her. "I love you, forever and always," she whispered before gong silent. "Please no." i felt for a pulse. A sigh of relief when i felt it, but weak. It was still something. 

I barked orders as I lifted her into my arms, getting out of that place, before we were found. I got one of my soldiers to call Ophelia. As soon as she picked up, I was barking orders. Letting her know that we found her daughter, but she's in bad condition. I thank the moon goddess that Ophelia is a witch. In a blink of an eye, she had a transportation spell ready for us to use.  As the blue orb appeared, we entered without a moment of hesitation. I prayed to the moon goddess that she'll be okay. 

Please Moon Goddess, let it not be too late