Eleven

My heart pounded loudly in my chest as we accelerated upward once again in the cylinder shaped elevator. Their king having requested my presence made me rather nervous. Even though just minutes ago I had demanded to see him.

I didn't want to stay on this ship. I didn't want to be a part of whatever it is they're doing here. I just wanted to go back to the wilderness and live my life. I wanted freedom, even if that meant living with the dangers of the wilderness.

The hall was dark. Unlike the previous pathways, the floor beneath our feet was void of the comforting blue light. It was like walking into nothingness, like taking a plunge into dark water, unknowing of what might wait for you under the surface.

"I hope to see you again, Viviana." Renasha whispered with pity in her voice. I could barely see her bow slightly in front of me before retreating in the opposite direction. I tried to call after her in slight desperation.

"Wait, what am I suppos-"

"Your species does not see well in the dark?" His curious voice startled me, I caught my breath before giving him an answer.

"No." I swallowed hard, my palms beginning to sweat.

"That makes you a rather easy target," His breath against the back of my ear gave me chills as he snaked one of his hands around my throat, the other spread out flat against my stomach. I froze, like his touch alone was paralytic.

"Don't you think?" His voice was low as his grip tightened. I could feel his toned body pressed firmly against my back. The warmth of his skin against mine.

I nodded my head, unable to give a verbal answer with the fog that suddenly clouded my mind. Maybe it was the air in the room, or maybe it was him.. The way he smelled so intoxicating, or the way he radiated dominance. My cheeks reddened as I realized my arousal. I gritted my teeth, biting on my tongue to gain back some self control.

"Get your hands off me." It came out less demanding than I'd hoped.

"Anaxis, low light." The room suddenly filled with a dim familiar yellow light, much like candlelight, as he unwrapped his body from mine.

My eyes scanned the area. I was surprised to see a somewhat normal looking living room in front of what I assumed was a kitchen of sorts. The yellow light emitted from small lines along the top of the walls.

"I've heard humans enjoy this kind of light." He continued to stand behind me, neither touching me yet not more than an arms length away. I didn't know what to think. Why was he trying to appeal to me? Was I supposed to like this light?

"Why do you care what I like?" I snapped at him, folding my arms in front of my chest as I turned around to meet his nearly glowing white eyes. I couldn't deny the attraction I seemed to have to this alien man, as weird as it may seem.

"You are easily roused to anger, Viviana." I could hear the amusement laced in his velveteen voice, the corner of his lip lifted slightly.

"Don't call me that." I demanded.

"What should I call you?" His white halos burned into my mine. I had to keep looking away. The feeling of keeping constant eye contact was too much, it felt penetrating, like he could see into my very soul, into my depths, and even deeper if it was possible.

"Nothing. You'll be letting me leave and return to earth unharmed, never to be bothered again." I narrowed my brows as I looked away, hating the effect he had on me. I fought against part of myself that for some reason wanted nothing more than to stay here with him.

"Why would I do that? I'm just getting to know you." He walked into the living area, leaving me standing like a statue, unsure if I should follow or keep my distance.

"You'll never know me." Against my better judgement I decided to continue on into the room, walking slowly, cautiously.

"Why is that?" He waited at the kitchen counter until I approached with a carefully considered answer.

"You ask a lot of questions." I made a sour face as I settled in on top of a floating disk across the black countertop.

"Would you like to know about an old prophecy our people used to tell?" He pressed lightly against a random spot on the wall behind him, suddenly the wall disappeared to reveal a series of shelves. He grabbed what I assumed was two glasses and placed them under some kind of dispenser, a light electric blue liquid filled the short crystal-like glass halfway.

"No." I deadpanned as I chewed on my cheek and shook my head slightly. I didn't want to drink this odd colored liquid, or hear about some prophecy. All I wanted to do was leave here, and every second since his body left mine the feeling of leaving has gotten stronger.

"A story for another time then." He sipped the blue liquid, coaxing me to do the same. I politely refused by ignoring the glass in front of me.

"Not likely. Can I go?" I sighed. What did some old prophecy have to do with me, and why was he so adamant on telling me.

"That prophecy is precisely why you cannot go." He started around the table. His eyes watching me like a hawk.

"You're not keeping me here." I stood in a defensive pose. I wasn't going down without a fight.

"It would be much easier if you would cooperate." His eyes lifted to meet mine as he stood in front of me.

"And if I don't?" I challenged him, immediately regretting it as his black round pupils changed to an inhuman diamond shape.

"Cooperation is not a requirement, as I'm sure you've learned." His jaw ticked as his pupils returned to normal. I watched awestruck and couldn't form words once again.

"I have prior obligations, so you'll stay here in my quarters until I return. Agreed?" He reached his hand outward to shake mine.

Cautiously I placed my hand in his to agree, only to feel faint once again, this time my body wasnt able to hold up the weight anymore and I began to fall toward the ground only to be caught in strong arms and laid down on the living room couch.

"I wish it didn't have to come to this. Maybe one day we can trust each other." I listened to his distorted voice as he walked away, leaving me alone, paralyzed, in the comforting yellow light.

Authors Note: Finally we meet our alien King, Phaèryon Alpheyon. 🛸👽

First impressions? 🤔

Vote if you like it! 😍

If you see any errors, point them out!!🤩