26

"Hunting?" He questioned, his demeanor stiffened.

"Yeah." I nodded, trying to sound confident and enthusiastic.

He hesitated. "That doesn't sound like a good idea."

"Look, there is nothing to worry about, I did plenty of hunting before I was taken to the Anaxis. If I don't go hunting, I'll go hungry." I tried to convince him.

His eyes flicked between me and the others. He seemed to be deciding whether or not to accept my offer. Finally he let out a long breath and nodded. "Fine." He finally agreed. I started off toward the edge of the forest.

"Where are we going?" He spoke from behind me.

"To hunt some food." I said quietly.

He followed me silently. We didn't talk at all till we reached a clearing with several deer tracks leading into it from the forest. Some were fresh and others were old.

It looked like we were headed in the right direction. He watched my actions with his eyes wide open as I tracked my prey. He stared at me curiously and waited patiently for me to finish what I was doing. I didn't want to disappoint him or worry him. I crouched down beside a large bush and examined one of the knives I had kept from Radeon's weapons bag.

"Is that my dagger?" He asked.
A small smile graced his lips. "That's my favorite knife." He reached for it.

I held it tightly in my hands. I had no idea what it was made out of. The blade was curved with multiple designs and it was shiny silver with golden runes engraved all over it. I wondered where exactly he had gotten it.

"What's it made out of?" I asked as I watched the grazing deer a few yards Infront of us.

"Fragate" he spoke under his breath, watching the grazing deer.

The animal stopped moving suddenly and sniffed the air. Its fur lifted. It started to run off. I moved quickly, sprinting to gain ground on the fast moving buck.

I threw the knife with precision straight into it's heart. The deer fell to the ground lifelessly, splattering blood everywhere. I pulled the knife out of the meat and stared down at it. I wiped it clean on the deer's fur.

Radeon caught up with me and stared at me wide eyed with his mouth slightly parted. He took a deep breath and walked over towards the deer's body. After examining it closely, he started to pick it up and I stopped him. "Wait."

I gently cut the deer's belly open, letting the blade of the knife feather through the skin, fat and sinew. I carefully pulled the entrails out, making sure not to puncture the stomach. After I was done I nodded for Radeon to continue.

He picked the animal up and slung it over his shoulders. I followed behind with blood on my hands. We walked along the deer trail back toward camp.

"Im impressed."  It seemed as though he had more respect for me.

I blushed a little bit. "thanks."

I liked it when he said things like that. His compliments made my heart race.

Suddenly we heard a low roar and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. The noise grew louder as it approached and we saw a huge black shadow emerge out of the forest. It landed in front of me and started to approach slowly.

Radeon let the deer drop off his shoulders and took a step forward toward the massive bear. The giant brown bear roared in defiance and bared sharp fangs.
I grabbed the knife from behind me and readied myself. It was only a matter of time until the bear charged us.

Radeon let his radiant show, his body giving off a deep red hue as he let out his own animalistic growl.

The giant bear stopped charging and lowered itself to the ground as if it was bowing down to Radeon. He stared at the cowering beast in awe as it backed away scurrying into the forest. Radeon let out a dark chuckle as he lifted the deer carcass back onto his shoulders.

he wouldn't know but I was in awe, not by the almost bear attack but instead by the way he showed his dominance. the markings on his skin that illuminated were utterly beautiful.

I felt a strange desire to reach out and run my finger over the marks on his muscular arms. As soon as it left he shook himself and turned to face me. my face was stuck in a scrunched up manor as I wondered what exactly he just did.

"You've got a lot to learn." He said smiling.

"Yeah, yeah." I brushed off his comment. I was too busy admiring his features to give much thought to that.
Yeah, yeah." I brushed off his comment. I was too busy admiring his  features to give much thought to that.

"You will learn, eventually." He chuckled.

I smirked. "If I survive."

"I'm sure I will be able to teach you many things about our world." He assured me.

"Like?"

"Everything." He stated with wonderment and excitement plastered all over his face.

I grinned and for once I was feeling excited about traveling to Anok, to a new planet.

Take note that I'm just getting these up as quick as I can, while I have the inspiration and motivation to do so. If you see any errors, please feel free to point them out.