21

Authors Note: I can't remember if I updated last week.... 🤔 If I didn't, I apologize! Some days are better than others for my writing so, it will come when it comes. 💁‍♀️ I'm still trying to update every single Wednesday though!

.
..
...
..
.

"You know you can't keep her onboard. She can't control herself."

"She's a danger to everyone."

"Just put the damn thing back where you found it."

Muffled voices strung out in a blur, the words seeming to dissolve as soon as they entered my ears.

"Take her home."

Home?

"I can't let her go back down there.."

"Why not? Does she really mean that much to you, a human?"

"She's not just any human, Ninak."

To earth?

"Then let me take her. I was there, I remember where her camp was. I'll keep her safe."

The cave..

"Why would I let her go with a competitor? Or did you forget that we were battling against each other in the Rivalry?"

Radeon offered?

"You'll let me, cousin, because you know I won't let her get hurt."

Radeon wants to protect me?

"She shouldn't have a problem with controlling her emotions after having to deal with the likes of you.."

He made a point.

"Fine. You can take her when she wakes, if she's able." Phaèryon agreed.

I get to go home?

"Sir I'd like to do more-"

"Tests will do nothing for her, Renasha. What's done is done. She will either succeed or she won't."

I heard Phaèryon and Ninak's sharp steps fade into the distance. Im going down to earth. I could imagine feeling the soft breeze against my skin, the cool sand next to the river as it gave way under my feet.

"Is she okay?" Radeon's sudden concern for me left me feeling confused about his intentions. The way he touched me at the gym was anything but gentle, yet now he seemed to be concerned about my comfort and overall wellbeing.

"I'm awake." I announced softly, my voice cracking slightly.

"How do you feel?" Renasha rushed over and started to examine me. Her fingers brushed over the intricate lines that now protruded from my pale skin like scars. It was interesting, but I was more concerned about getting back down to the ground.

"Better. I'm ready to go home. When do we leave?" I waved Renasha off and skipped right to the more important matter at hand.

"Vivian, if I may.." Radeon started, his formal tone catching my attention.

"Vivian is fine.." I accepted slightly perplexed at his reluctance to use my full name.

"What you just experienced has only happened to Anokhian's who come from a royal bloodline. It's caused by a rare gene mutation. The only two left in existence who have this mutation are me and my cousin. So how is it that you inherited this gene?" Radeon's curious look surprised me.

"Inherit? Whatever is happening to me is because of whatever science experiment this one did to me." I pointed an accusatory finger at Renasha and arched one eyebrow.

"No no, this gene variation had to exist prior to your birth. It's a hereditary mutation." Renasha filled the room with her useless tid bits of information. Her know it all attitude causing me to grind my teeth. How was I supposed to know anything about any of this?

"This isnt my fault. I never asked for any of this!" I defended myself once again.

"Okay. Okay. Your right." Radeon tried to deescalate my anger, holding his hands out infront of his body. I took a deep breath and sighed out of annoyance.

"We'll figure that out later. Right now let's get ready to board a transport to the ground. Come on." My eyes locked with his and he seemed pleased with my excitement. I was beyond ready to get off this ship.

We took the elevator, descending downward to a level I'd never been on. It was full of military personnel, ships, weapons and other warfare tech.

"Commander." A female suited up stood at the opening of the elevator, greeting us as we entered.

"Ready a transport vessel equipped for a few days on the ground. Double the supply cache onboard and inform the archanum to report to Cogitation." Radeon ordered as he walked quickly to the other side of the large hanger-like room.

I struggled to keep up without running. The room was filled with Anokhian soldiers wearing a variety of suits. Some were studying the materials displayed on their communicators while dressed in a light grey suit. Some where in black suits using tools I'd never seen before to perform maintenance on the ships that sat around the room.

We entered a large room that resembled my father's military operations unit on the base before the attack. Although the room was empty there were pictures of mysterious locations around earth.

The Anokhian language was written uniquely. Their words were displayed across the bottom of photos in symbols that I couldn't understand.

I heard footsteps file into the room behind me. Six soldiers in black suits stood in a single row waiting silently as they stared at Radeon. I sent him a curious eyebrow.

"This is Viviana Wells, daughter of the deceased Colonial Wells. Vivian, this is the Archanum. They are an elite unit of conflict specialists." Radeon turned his face to the group who still stayed silent, their gaze glued to him. The mention of my father and his status of life, or lack thereof dampened my current mood.

"Your course of action is to maintain a secure base of operations on earth at a location of Viviana's choosing. We will occupy that base for the next five earth days. Sustaining Viviana's safety is priority number one. Possible dangers from any and all earth species should be anticipated. Clear?" Radeon showed his authority as he spoke, his chin was high, his chest taunt. Although he seemed stiffened at the moment I could tell he was comfortable with this, giving orders.

"Yes, commander." The group raised their voices aloud.

"Good. We leave immediately."