Thirteen

Authors Note: I'm sorry it's been so long!! I tried a new platform called Dreame, but I am forever a watty diehard. This is the best app, unlimited reading (with the exception of ads) but seriously blows any other app out of the water. Anywho. Here's thirteen, hope you enjoy. Please vote!

.
.
.
.

I looked at the dress that was laid out on the bed. Its texture reminded me of dragon scales, each silver scale reflecting light with every movement the dress made. I pulled it on and felt oddly comfortable inside it. It was short, the end floated a few inches above my knees. The shoes were made to match. A simple silver heel with a strap made of scales. The strap wrapped around my leg several times. The dress made me feel like a woman, instead of some wild-one they found in the woods.

I followed the purple light that shined brightly through the doorway to the living room. It was almost too bright to see. I used my hand to shield my eyes as I walked over to the shadow that stood in front of the large floor to ceiling window that used to be a full black wall.

"Is it too bright?" I nodded my head. He moved his body to shield me from the light.

"Anaxis, shade windows fifty percent." The window darkened allowing me to gaze at the luminescent purple ball that floated outside.

"What is it?" I questioned. I had been curious about the violet light since I first saw it on the ship ride up here.

"Consider it the heart of the Anaxis." He lifted an eyebrow as he looked at my attire.

"Do you like it?" He nodded toward me, his eyes slowly inspecting my body up and down.

"It's.." I looked down at the dress, deciding that I did indeed like it.

"It's nice. Thank you." I nodded and smiled shyly up at him, my cheeks filling once again with a dark blush. He hummed in response.

"My home planet is Anok. My father was once King and his father before him. For as long as anyone can recall the first born son of Alpheyon blood was guaranteed the crown. Alpheyon blood has always ruled Anok." He motioned to the kitchen and I followed feeling more comfortable than before.

"But I am not the first born and I was not guaranteed the crown. My eldest brother died in battle against my father.. My father was king at the time and in his old age began to lose his sanity. He decreed that every female on Anok was to be put adrift." His jaw ticked as he told me his story.

"So the battalion rounded up every female, even the little ones, for miles around the kingdom and locked them in capsules and sent them out into space to drift with no means of survival." He shook his head, his white hair falling on either side of his face. I stayed quiet, soaking in the history of his family.

"My brothers female and his two little ones were taken that day. In retaliation he declared a challenge against my father and lost. Though my father died hours later from wounds too great to aid. This left my last living brother and myself as potential rulers. I had no desire to rule Anok but the Anokhian Counsel declared that it be so. Of course my power hungry brother refused to concede and that led to the battlefield where I was forced to take his life." I could see the hurt in his white orbs, the stress that even telling me this story put on him.

"While I was fighting for the crown, my father's minions set out to finish his decree and slaughtered every female they could find." It seemed as he went on the story got worse and worse.

"Why are you telling me this?" I looked at him with sorrow on my brows. He went on.

"Because of my father's decree years ago, our female population has grown so low that our people will never survive. I had to find a species with compatible hormones to become vessels for our female offspring. That is why we are here. I have a duty to save my people." I left no room for silence before I shot back.

"You're breeding Anokhians with Humans?" I scoffed, throwing a judgmental glare in his direction.

"No, natural reproduction between our species is forbidden. Anokhians are using human females for their similar hormone production. We have designed an artificial womb to carry the offspring, the human females job is to wear the womb and provide the offspring with nutrition and hormones, like a regular pregnancy." I actually felt somewhat relieved after his explanation. There was no rape, no forced pregnancy, no real risk to the carrier. They just needed to survive, just like me when I was running for my life.

"Oh.." I felt his penetrating gaze on me once again. I felt like I could melt every second that he watched me. His honesty surprised me, as well as his history. I wasn't expecting my captor to be so honorable.

"And you? What of your history?" He seemed innocently curious.

"My mother and father were a part of the core and I was in highschool. My mother was killed by a drunk car jacker just days before my father took the front line against you, that's when I disappeared into the woods... and now, I'm here." I couldn't meet his gaze again. I couldn't stand to look at the cause of all of my suffering.

"You feel regret so deeply. Why?" I could hear the sympathy in his voice as he eyes me with curiosity.

"It's my fault my mother died. I'm weak and I couldn't stop him." I shook my head to myself, a growing hatred for myself.

"You were brought to my ship with a fractured shoulder, six broken ribs, a mid grade concussion, and several flesh wounds, not to mention the bruises that covered your body. You refused to give up when my first commanding officer tracked you down. You continued fighting for your life even after your capture. You are stronger than most females I know." He raised his hand and let it brush down my arm, comforting me.

"Thank you." I blinked away the tears that stung my eyes.

"Let's go get something to eat?" He offered.

"Your going to let me out of here?" I smiled innocently.

"If you behave..."