Fifteen

After what seemed like hours of laying on the bed paralyzed while Phaèryon kept his eyes trained on me, his jaw ticking, a certain darkness in his white halos, he finally disappeared out of the bedroom door without a word. A while later I finally began to feel the tingling sensation in my body that meant his paralytic was wearing off.

As uncomfortable as it was, being completely vulnerable in a state of paralysis, it was better than the complete and utter sense of helplessness I felt earlier under the effects of the Wovari.

Earlier? Or.. was it later?

I don't even know how long I've been on this ship..

I took in a deep breath, filling my lungs to their brim and forcefully pushed the used oxygen out. Rolling to my back I waited patiently to feel all of my limbs before climbing out of the bed and moving to the bathroom with weak legs.

The nanex didn't bother me as much as my first encounter with them. I welcomed the tiny bots, scrubbing away at my skin, cleaning every nook and crease with ease. The viscous liquid substance that held them caused me to miss the thin water of earth rushing over my skin. I'd give anything to feel the cool water of the hidden lake I'd found on my skin again. If the months I spent in the forest gave me anything it was a sense of adventure.

When I returned to the bedroom there was again another outfit layed out for me on the bed. I picked up the cotton shirt and smiled warmly to myself at the thought of earth based materials. A simple white tank top and pair of black yoga pants. On the floor was a pair socks and tactical combat boots.

The materials felt like ultimate comfort on my body. My mood was instantly lifted as I walked into the living room and the walls were covered with lifesize holograms of trees and shrubs, sunlight shining though the dew drops that covered the foliage. It was beautiful, so beautiful that I wished I could reach out and touch it, to smell the dirt mingling with the sweet scent in the air.

But I can't..

Because I'm stuck on this stupid ship, with conflicted feelings concerning the species that caused the fall of mankind.

Conflicted feelings about the man who declared war and basically killed my parents. Who turned my whole world upside down. Who forced me into the wilderness riddled with fear and sadness. Who made me a killer...

I felt my ears fill with heat as I seemed to slip out of the trance I had been in, my true feelings seemingly flooding back in.

"Anaxis, turn off all holograms." I tried to order the ship.

Only silence followed. No blank walls like I'd hoped. Just fake foliage reminding me that I'm a prisoner here, that I'd likely never feel the earth on the soles of my feet again.

"Turn it off!" I yelled at ship, releasing my anger in a loud boom.

I waited impatiently for the trees to disappear, for the ship to say something, but nothing happened.

Nothing.

I collapsed to the floor. Sadness, anger and resentment all building within me, flooding my senses. 

I wanted to go home.

I wanted out of this room, off this ship! I held my head in my hands while I took deep breaths to calm me.

"It never would have occurred to me that the great King of Anok would have chosen someone as weak as you to entertain him." The hateful tones in Ninak's accent were undeniable. I gathered my composer and lifted myself from the ground.

"Tears are not a measure of ones strength." I wasn't sure what to say to her. I wasn't sure why she was even here to begin with.

"You look weak." She criticized, turning her nose up at my appearance. Her white skin glowing in the artificial sunlight.

"You don't know anything about me." I put my guard up, stepping back tactfully as she stalked across the living room toward me.

"I know you should be on the breeding level with the other humans." She gritted out, her anger was clearly present now, as she stalked me like a skilled predator.

"I can hear your heart beat thumping away in that fragile little frame of yours. I can smell the fear leaking from your pores. You're weak and feeb-"

A deafening growl shook the room as I covered my ears out of instinct. Quicker than my eyes could follow Phaèryon had moved from the door way to Ninak, pinning her to the ground. His hand was tight around her throat as he kneelt beside her struggling body.

"You dare come into my territory and threaten what I've laid claim upon!?" Phaèryon was beyond livid, his body suddenly letting off a luminescent red color from underneath his clothing. Intricate glowing red lines explored his neck beyond his collar. Stunned, all I could do was stand quietly and watch.

"If you've claimed her, where is the mark on her skin?" Ninak didn't have a sense of self preservation, if she did, she would have kept her mouth shut.

Phaèryon's jaw tightened with the grip on her neck, which she welcomed with a sultry look, her fingers slithered up his forearm, urging his hand to squeeze harder.

"You know your people will never accept her as Queen of Anok." She smiled under his intensity, like she knew she was right.

I didn't want to be Queen of Anok, I didn't want to be Queen of anything. I just wanted to go home. To get off this ship and survive in the wilderness once again, cut off from civilization and anything I once knew. It seemed as though the solitude was a comfort for me. Not having to worry about the Ill intentions of other people.

"Viviana. Wait for me In the propulsion chamber." Phaèryon's voice was still harsh.

Propulsion chamber? I questioned as I moved my body toward the only logical comparison. The elevator.

Seconds after I reached the cylindrical room, phaèryon joined me, his attention forward as we zoomed upward.

"Where are we going?" I fittled with my fingers as I waited patiently for an answer that never came.

Authors Notes:

I want to know what you guys look for in your romances.

Do you like when the main character is popular or an outcast?

Bad boy interest or sweet guy?

Are you into soft romance or smut?

All love and no lust? Or do you like to.. read your porn 😂

I personally like to read mine.

Let me know what you guys are into!

💬 Comment and Vote! ⭐

My plan is to start updating every Wednesday!