XXXIII , Q&A

"So wait, what are you studying again?" You leant forward. Dal sighed and covered his face, smiling all the while.

"Psychology..."

"No no, no what specifically are you studying."

"Criminal psych..."

"Oh my god!" You gasped and laughed again as he re-revealed just what he was majoring in. "So what, you're going to be the person that decides if a criminal is crazy or not?"

"It's more complicated than that but... I suppose so, yes."

"That's so cool, Dal."

Every word you spoke found a home inside of Dal's heart. He fiddled with the cup before him, blushing down at it. "I don't think so," Dal mumbled, "it's just a job..."

"Don't try to downplay it." You teased. His gaze met yours so briefly, like the flicker of a flame in a snowstorm. "... Are you from around here, originally?" You couldn't help but ask. Dal tensed, and furrowed his brows.

"No." He shook his head. "I crossed the country."

You breathed out, forcing your jaw to unclench and shoulders to relax. "Any reason why?"

"... I just wanted to escape."

"I've been there." You hadn't planned for this to get so real so soon, but you couldn't deny it felt nice. Dal had been a good friend of yours for awhile now, after all. "... You happy?"

"Happy?"

"With where you've escaped to. Do you think you've found your home?"

Dal was caught off guard.

Had he found home...

For awhile, Dal didn't think such a place could exist for him. He didn't feel as though anybody could accept him. That he'd forever be an outcast because he was born in the wrong body. The thoughts of a rejected child, he supposed.

But had he found home?

"... I think so, yeah." Dal's warm expression met your own. "I think... Home isn't really a place, you know? It's people. People that love you, that accept you... That you can always return to."

You rested your cheeks in the palms of your hands and nodded. "I totally agree."

"Well, then, what about you?"

"Huh? Me?"

"Have you found home?"

'Can I be home to you, too, (Y/n)?'. That was what Dal wanted to ask, but he wasn't a fool. He knew for someone like you, that'd be coming on too strong.

Watching the way your face contorted and your body language shifted confirmed he'd made the right choice in words. You laughed and nodded. "Mhmm... I've found home."

What a wonderful thing it was, to have a home. It was something Dal never thought he'd needed as a kid. He'd always only thought he needed himself but...

But you were everything he wanted and more. Dal never knew he could feel things so deeply before he met you. That he could love someone so wholeheartedly, without reservation.

Dal hoped, deep in his heart, he was part of that 'home' you said you had. That you loved him just as deeply.

Oh how he needed you to love him too. Dal didn't think he could take any other reality.