XXX , Car Conversations

You'd never imagined such an unfamiliar place to feel so much like home. It was easy, for you at least, to tell why Covestry loved it here so much. Aside from business reasons, of course.

Dal watched as you leant against the car of the door, taking in your faint reflection. He wanted to take out his phone and photograph the moment. Maybe he could...

"(Y/n), want to take a picture?" Dal asked as he leant forward, ghosting a hand over your shoulder. You let out a small laugh and sat up correctly, tilting your head back to grin at him. Dal's heart skipped a beat.

"Absolutely." You figured it'd be best to get your own phone out, fixing up all the settings as Dal leant in better. With only one glance at the stop light, you grabbed Amon by the sleeve and pulled him in. "Say 'cheese'~!"

The camera snapped right before Dal nor Amon realized quite what you'd done. When Amon did, he let out a breathy laugh. "Cheeky." He commented.

"You love it." You giggled in reply.

"I tolerate you."

"Woah~ you're a liar now, huh?"

"Oh just fuck off."

"So mean to me!" You playfully whined, holding a hand back. "Dal's never mean to me!" You continued as Dal intertwined your fingers. Your heart skipped a beat.

"That's because Dal's fucking weird..." And Amon was even weirder, feeling petty jealousy over such simple affection. It wasn't like he didn't already know you were affectionate with friends.

You were always flirting with everybody and clutching onto something or another. Even a blind man could see it.

This was just...

They didn't know. Amon gripped the steering wheel and fixated his gaze ahead. He felt sick looking into the rear view mirror and seeing Dal smile back at him.

"You're great, you know?"

Those words hit Amon out of nowhere. Suddenly any anger he felt, any jealousy, vanished like space dust. His gaze flickered to you, a nervous flame. "What?"

"You're great." You'd let go of Dal's hand now, much to his chagrin. Instead, you faced Warni. Body and all. "I know we joke around, dude, but seriously. I appreciate you being in my life... I mean...

When everything happened with Joshua... You screamed my innocence the loudest. You banned so many of your long-term fans for disrespecting me. You didn't let it go even when I shut you out..."

You didn't know what was wrong with you. Exhaustion, maybe. Confusion in your body causing any normal self restraint to slip away. All of a sudden, you just felt so grateful for the man next to you. "Hell, you even offered to brave airport traffic for me..."

Amon had words caught in his throat. What the fuck was this? Where did this come from? This could not be good for his driving. Amon couldn't focus on anything, your words piercing his very soul. They cut through him like a knife to soft butter, and he melted.

Amon loved you so much it was physically painful that you weren't his.

And the worst part was?

He knew the others felt the same.