LXVII , Five Seconds

"What the FUCK happened?!"

Amon was by your side the fastest. Maybe because he was the tallest, or maybe because he was just the best at acting before he had a chance to think. Amon wrapped you tightly in their arms and snarled at Damshi. "Have you done this?! Did you make her cry?! If you made her cry I swear to GOD—"

"It wasn't her." Dal spoke up from behind you.

"And how do you know that?" Damshi tilted her head and crossed her arms. "You're correct, but how could you tell?"

"She never would've come with you if you'd been the one to drive her to tears." Dal sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "And besides... Damshi never would've handed herself over. I reckon..." Dal looked through his brows at Damshi. "When you lost us, you found (Y/n) with someone unpleasant... And the only person who could feasibly be here and cause her this distress would be Joshua... You found her and Joshua..." Dal perked up. "She snapped."

"Correct on all accounts, as usual. How do you do that?" Damshi's eyes widened a bit.

"You freak me out." Ace muttered, staring at Dal like he'd grown a second head.

"Ugh! I knew it! I just knew it! Didn't I say she'd run into a creepo?!" Jianyu began to throw her fists up and down in the air like slamming on a table. "Fuck I want him to—!"

Ace put a hand over Jianyu's lips and shook his head, gesturing vaguely towards you. Jianyu took pause noticing how you were shaking all over again. "Calm down," Amon muttered nervously, "urgh..."

"Telling her to calm down is the worst thing to do!" Jianyu snapped.

"And what the fuck else am I supposed to do?!" Amon growled in return.

"Will you both stop acting like children for five seconds?! Five! Seconds!"

All eyes fell on you. Your words had been clear and precise, but shortly after you'd become all the more shaken.

"... Ah. I'm sorry— I'm— I'm sorry."

You pushed away from Amon, the tall man too shocked to pull you back close. The looks on their faces were absolutely heartbreaking. You couldn't take it a moment longer. All the same, you stayed there. As though glued to the floor.

"I'm sorry." You breathed again.

"I thought we agreed for you not to apologize again." Damshi put a hand on your head and gently rested her nose on their hand.

"Let's go." Ace sighed. "I don't really care what happens to everything else... Let's just go."