4. Want Something More

Why is it time moves incredibly fast when things have to be done?

Valan, Naida, and I have been in my kitchen cooking nonstop all morning long. Well that was after the three of us went to the store to get literally everything I didn't have. Which included all the meats we needed and yeast products. Since honestly the meats always need to be fresh and not pulled from the freezer when having a catering job.

Can be risky at times with the meat, but we are in the city. Which means we will drive all over the place if need be to find the correct things needed. Even if I really prefer to go to the market just down from my house. It feels good to give back to the community this way too because they can use the extra business and the owners are the sweetest.

Kelvin is here and keeping boiled water in pans that I have off to the side that sit down in the lower part of one of the counters. Like I said my kitchen is decked out to the top notch like a professional grand restuarant, but we spend so much time cooking in here for jobs.

Not every place has an area that we can just show up early and cook up what the owners want. That has happened once and felt so weird for all four of us. So, we cook it here at my house and then have to keep it hot and fresh until the events time.

Kelvin tends to be in charge of keeping things hot and fresh while we keep cooking. Some things can use the warmers to help stay warm but it can also make most foods keep cooking which is awful in the end because things burn or dry out. He is also in charge of helping to haul all said foods in the van we use.

Which made I did go cheap on but it is just a normal little minivan. I had bought wood and things to make shelving inside the van to where things can sit and not move. It was cheaper and easier on gas than buying a huge size factory size van like some people use for food trucks.

So far today we have the appetizers cooked and ready to go. The entire list was a little funny but it looks to be a surf and turf mixture.

Pigs in the blanket. Potato skins baked with cheese, bacon and chives. Crab cakes and cream cheese wontons. All lay out of the counter over the hot water to keep warm.

Tomorrow morning I will be up early to finish the main food course. Which is to be honest is a little weird. Honey bar-b-que meatballs with pasta, surf and turf kebabs between steak and shrimp, large bowls of steamed vegetables, and then finally a clam chowder.

Now though we are working on the sweet treats. My kitchen went from smell good to just down right mouth watering.

Naida is working on putting together individual cheesecake bites. There is a mixture between blueberry, cherry, and regular for that section.

Valan is putting together blackberry scones. Which has put off a sweet tart scent.

While I am here working on cream horns. I have truly enoyed the scent of all the sweet treats. Which we were allowed to choose according to the list. The only thing was it must be finger food, which is kind of a duh moment.

Not that it bothers me because everything gets placed on plates or like the desserts will be placed on a elegant platter once we get there to where we will place things on peoples plate as they want it, for the ones of us that will stand by the table.

"Okay you three!" Kelvin sighs as he walks back into the kitchen.

I turn my head and see him laying down a large box on the table.

"Break time for you all, because you have been working and not ate yourselves." Kelvin opens the lid, to show we got our favorite pizza.

Naida places her cheesecakes made into the large freezer to set before walking over to Kelvin. I turn my head back around because I prefer not to see my brother and friend kiss. Yes, they are married I know but it is so strange to watch them have that moment.

I am the same with Valan when she is with Laken. I can't watch when they share a kiss.

Sometimes it sucks to be the single mingle out of everyone I know and around all the time. Thing is though, not one of my relationships were carefree like I see between everyone else. Not once did a guy show affection with me out in public, so guess in a way I am shy on that end.

No, I have to change my mindset. I won't be shy about it because I honestly want something more than vanilla. I think this is why I want more because all of the guys I have been with has been vanilla.

Just the fact I don't put my self out there could be reason too, I guess. Because I let work take over my life or so I tell myself, but seriously it shouldn't be hard for a man to make me orgasm. It has been two years since my last relationship.

"Love how you take care of us when we are busy." Naida's gentle voice comes out, letting me know they are no longer lip locked.

I keep going with the pastries I have been working on, because the puff part will crumble to quick if I don't get the cream inside it to keep it together. The last thing I want to risk is having to make the hones all over again.

"Sis." Kelvin sighs stepping up beside me.

"Yes?" I turn my head to him.

"Open up." Kelvin knows I don't plan on stopping what I am doing.

I seen the pizza on the disposable plate in his hand. I move my head and take a bite of the pizza he is offering.

With the small bite chewed and swallowed a smile sweetly at my big brother. "There I ate." I smile with some sass.

Naida and Valan both laugh, as Kelvin shakes his head.

"I will eat just as soon as I get the last twenty hones filled up. Just like five, maybe eight minutes tops." I smile sweetly.

"Alright." Kelvin smiles and places my plate of food off to the side.

"Thank you for taking care of us, Bub." I smile and get back to finishing up.