42. Our Hearts

The alarm goes off middle of the morning and Aiden has already laid clothes out for me to dress in

The alarm goes off middle of the morning and Aiden has already laid clothes out for me to dress in. I left all the packing to him because it is something he was really wanting to do for the both of us. I sent a text to my family and Val that we were taking off this morning for two days and not to worry.

After our second round last night, we threw in a frozen pizza that he had in the freezer that honestly made me laugh. It was better than take out and having others work even more because I know clean up is going on for the much of the area surrounding us.

"Where are we going?" I ask Aiden since we are now in the car and driving down the road. We done got to an area that looks to have been barely touched by the hurricane.

"It is a place that was not hit by the hurricane and right now due to things it will be very light on the tourist. It is a place that seems perfect for us though and even though it has water we will not go in or be that close to it other than one event I would like for us to do." Aiden spares me a short glance while driving.

The suspense is killing me on knowing where we are going and I have never been very good with surprises.

As we drive, Aiden moves to hold my hand and I watch as the landscape passes us by. After driving for a while, Aiden slows the car and we pull into an area that looks like a castle.

"Is this St. Augustine?" I look over to Aiden who smirks.

"Yes it is."

When we pull up, a valvet takes the car and informs us he will take our bags to the reserved room.

Clinking on the concrete catches my attention. Right as a loud puff sounds behind us.

"Mister and Miss. Your carriage is ready." A older man smiles down at us from the front of the carriage.

I look over the horses and relish in their beauty. One is a brown and the other a soft pale yellow color.

Aiden's hand finds my back and he opens the carriage door for me. I step inside and then he gets in to sit next to me.

The carriage lurches forward in a jerking motion for a few seconds as the horses take off. Before the carriage just becomes a gentle rocking motion the rest of the time.

We pass by gardens and all the lovely flowers, before stately castles come into view.

I snuggle back into Aiden's embrace and look up to him. "This is beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you are." Aiden smiles lightly and captures my lips lightly in a soft kiss.

When we pull back, I lay my head on his chest and his chin rests on the top of my head.

Once the ride is over, we walk up to our room and I see nothing but a huge bed in the shape of a heart. It makes me smile and I really wonder if this was on purpose or if Aiden is trying to tell me something once more. No, this is just because I told him yesterday evening.