Prologue: Enter the Protagonist!

Discord server: discord.gg/4y5QVPj

Zzz.....

.......

.........

...Zzzzz.......

.....

........

......Beep!

Thanks to his senses that could detect even the slightest hint of sound while asleep, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka immediately sat up from his bed and looked around to see where that beeping came from. It couldn't have come from an alarm clock, he didn't set one before going to bed. It couldn't have been the doorbell, that would be ridiculous.

A crazy idea popped up in his mind, which involved that man sending armed troops to the place where he was temporarily staying at in an attempt to bring him back. Something like that can be expected from his father because it was just like him to go to drastic measures when it involved him.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case either.

[Congratulations, you have become 'the Protagonist'! Raise flags, form relationships, and build your very own harem of beautiful heroines to love! Enjoy!]

Kiyotaka blinked in confusion, before staring at the floating pink screen with white text that was floating before his face.

Today was supposedly his first day in high school and he had been preparing for it ever since a week ago. He made sure that nothing would prevent him from going to Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School and starting a new life, not even some lousy sickness.

After checking his body temperature to see if he was sick (he wasn't), Kiyotaka concluded that there was no reason for him to be having hallucinations this early in the morning. However, even after blinking and rubbing his eyes several times, it didn't disappear.

Deciding he would think about this when he gets out of bed properly, Kiyotaka moved to the edge but was surprised when the pink screen moved with him, staying at a fixed distance in front of his face that he could still read the text no matter which direction he looked.

He thought of a way to make this strange image disappear because it would definitely be a distraction and after a bit of thinking, he reached out with his hand towards the screen and touched it. The screen then made a beeping sound that one would normally hear in video games before it finally disappeared, confusing him to no end.

"......what was that?" he mumbled to no one in particular, before the sound of the door opening got his attention.

"Kiyotaka-senpai? Breakfast is ready downstairs. You don't want to be late for your first day in high school!"

Nanase Tsubasa, a 15-year old blonde girl who was a close friend of the people whom he was staying with, entered his room with a bright smile on her face.

Kiyotaka almost forgot that this girl was here. She had stayed over for the night (sleepovers were a regular occurrence in this household) under the excuse of it being the last time she would see him before he leaves to attend high school. While he didn't really care about her reasons, he found it interesting that she can sleep here without any repercussions. Are sleepovers just that normal?

Anyway, the young man couldn't even respond to her words properly when the world around him suddenly stopped.

As in, literally stopped.