Chapter 12: Things Are Heating Up!

I've put up another poll on my profile. This time it's about whose routes you want to be unlocked for the next volume. :)

"Well... here we are. The day of the midterms."

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka took a deep breath as he walked out of his dorm room and closed the door. It was Monday, the start of a new week, and also the day for Class D to have a chance at getting back the points they've lost, and to prove that they weren't the defective class as a lot of people have thought.

He looked at the two doors on either side of his unit and heaved a huge sigh of relief. Kikyo and Suzune wouldn't be walking with him today, as both girls went to school early to meet their respective study groups for a last-minute review, so they had already left.

As a result, he was left all alone for now, not that it was a big thing.

As much as he had gotten used to those girls being with him when it's time to go to school, he liked the peace and quiet more when he's alone. Especially when he rarely had free time these days, as he spent most of it either by studying with Airi and Kei, or getting caught in one of the system's crazy situations.

"I better get going before my daily dose of insanity happens," the young man said in his thoughts. Suzune and Kikyo may not be here, but it doesn't mean that the system would leave him alone just like that.

However, just as he was about to head to the elevator, a new voice suddenly stopped in his tracks.

"A-A-Ayanokouji-kun?!"

A deadpan expression formed on his face almost immediately.

"It was fun while it lasted."

He could still make a break for it and run to the elevator but it was still early in the morning, and Kiyotaka didn't want to waste too much energy. Plus, he was going to take a nap once he's done with the exams. Spending energy unnecessarily will only keep him awake.

Kiyotaka turned around to see one of the people whom he had been tutoring for the past weeks,

Already, a wave of stress hit him. What a way to start off his day, huh? What better way to start the day than to come face-to-face with the girl who hated the idea of being neighbors or living on the same floor with boys?

Knowing this, there's a big chance of this girl running away once she learns that he lived on this floor, or she thinks of him as a pervert and never talks to him again as a result. Either way, it's clear that the system put him in this situation to deal with her and expected that he would be able to handle it all on his own.

Yes, he was the 'Masterpiece' of the White Room, but he wasn't the masterpiece of love gurus!

"Karuizawa," he acknowledged with a nod, not even showing any kind of reaction to the girl's presence.

On the other hand, the blonde girl was completely thrown off-guard upon seeing him here.

A while ago, Kei had stepped out of her dorm with a confident aura all over her. Today was the day of the midterm exams, and she didn't want to show any sign of weakness.

She had been studying for weeks just for this. Yeah, she had never cared for studying before and would rather hang out with friends and have a good time, but this school didn't allow her that privilege. She needed to study not just to pass her exams, but also to reclaim the points they've lost.

Karuizawa had not felt this confident in herself before. Well, maybe because she was never assisted by someone else in her studies until Ayanokouji came into the picture. Not only was he good in, he was apparently a decent teacher as well, capable of explaining lessons easily enough for her and Sakura to understand.