Chapter 6: Redheads are Easy to Win Over

The poll in my profile is available only until Sunday, 5:00PM, GMT +8. Vote wisely on who you want to be Kiyotaka's first time :)

Kiyotaka returned to the swimming pool just as their teacher finally arrived. Miyajima-sensei had short hair, a bit bulky in physique, and looked like he was in his late 30s. He quickly gathered everyone who was participating at the end of the swimming pool, separating the boys from the girls.

"It makes me sad that not everyone will be participating today, but there's still a lot of you here! Now tell me, is there anyone here who doesn't know the basics of swimming?"

Miyajima-sensei waited a few seconds, but nobody raised their hands.

The teacher smiled. "All of you know how, that's good! However, my role here is to teach you anyway, but we'll work that out later. I'll let you do some warm-ups and practice with your swimming. You'll be having a race against each other fifteen minutes from now. That way, we'll know which of you needs more help above everyone else."

Kiyotaka chose to do his warm-ups with Sudo, who looked pissed at him for some reason, as shown by the angry looks he's been sending here and there. The young man could already guess why, but he felt like asking anyway just for the fun of it.

"If I did something wrong in your eyes, then say it already."

Sudo grumbled. "Did you really have to leave me behind earlier?"

Knowing that he was referring to his little conversation with Kayano, Kiyotaka only shrugged. "I didn't want to interrupt your conversation with Onodera. Would you like it if someone interrupted you while you're talking with someone else?"

That made the angry expression on Ken's face disappear right away. "N-No, but-"

"Then I did nothing wrong, and you're only embarrassed about talking to a girl. Were Yamauchi and Ike perhaps right about something going on between you and Onodera?"

"Argh! You heard that?" the red-haired teen groaned as his face turned into the same color of his hair.

"It's hard not to listen when those two were practically screaming about it," Kiyotaka pointed out.

"Damn it..."

If he could, then Kiyotaka would have smirked as this was the perfect time for it. Having this little banter with his friend was a nice break after what he went through with Suzune, Chiaki, and Kikyo, and then followed immediately by that little incident at the restroom.

"So, is there something going on between you and Onodera?" he asked again.

In typical tsundere fashion, Sudo scoffed and looked away, though his face never lost its red hue. "No. Don't be an idiot. There's nothing happening between me and her."

"If you say so," Kiyotaka shrugged, not believing him one bit.

While Ken was grumbling about two perverts being unable to keep their mouths shut, Kiyotaka snuck a glance towards the girls, looking for a certain redhead in particular. Airi was performing her warmups with Karuizawa's group, but it was clear that she wasn't feeling herself. Her head was low, hiding her face from everyone else, and she had her hands close to her chest, as though she was bracing herself for another incident involving her clothes...

"At least she's not embarrassed enough to the point that she doesn't want to participate anymore," he thought to himself, trying to find some kind of light in this situation. No, he absolutely wasn't referring to what he saw in the restroom earlier. He was actually glad that he didn't scare her off or anything, and it's even more of a good thing that she hasn't told anyone about it, at least that's what he thought.