Chapter 14: Sharing a Room is a Couple Thing!

It may not be New Year's yet, but I still want to start Volume 2 with a literal bang. This is where the real fun begins ;). Happy New Year to everyone!

P.S. Oh, and you guys might want to check out my profile before reading. I got some tips there to make reading this fic a more pleasurable experience.

"I know they're probably just happy to see their friends again and hang out, but it feels like a lot of them actually want to go to school even though they don't like studying."

Kiyotaka hummed to himself. As he watched his classmates' interactions with each, he was also in deep thought.

From what he knew, most teenagers his age didn't really like studying and were only in school to hang out with other people and be popular. It was a trait that's prominent in many of his classmates which he noticed from the start, although there were people like Yukimura, Hirata, and Horikita who treated the school as an actual school and not as a glorified social club.

"I suppose I could say that they're like this because it's Friday already... but I don't think it's just that."

It was indeed a rare sight for Class D to be enjoying a school day, but it makes sense when it was already Friday and another weekend was drawing near. However, it's not just that.

About two weeks after their midterms, the students were now just waiting for the month to end.

It is currently the 29th of May, and the next week would mean three things. One would be the start of a new month. Second, it also means that they would be able to receive their monthly point allowance. Third, it also means that their final examination was drawing nearer, which honestly made some of them nervous because their midterm examination felt like it happened only yesterday, and now they were about to take another set of tests in a few weeks time.

They did have some motivation, though. A luxury vacation at an island was waiting for them if they pass their final exams! Just the thought of it was enough to motivate those who weren't fond of studying to ensure that they would get a passing grade at least.

Everyone else's efforts on keeping themselves behaved and dedicated to that goal eased the burden for one Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Between balancing his own efforts in contributing to the class, keeping track of everyone else, handling a bunch of girls who were his heroines, and the scarcity of his precious sleep hours, things were... manageable, so far.

After the skirmish at the recently-opened bathhouse with his heroines, the system was apparently nice enough to give him a two-week vacation from the craziness that he had been enduring for some time now. In other words, there were no 'special events' or 'bonus scenes' or anything else of the sort that happened for two weeks.

How nice of his superpower to be thoughtful.

"Anyone up for a trip to the onsen later, anyone?"

"Oooohhh, that sounds tempting! It's Friday, after all!"

Speaking of which, the bathhouse immediately became an instant attraction for the students of the school. The day after he and his heroines enjoyed a bath that he wouldn't be able to forget anytime soon, the place grabbed the attention of some students from Class B who, in turn, spread the word to the whole school.

And from there, the place was always seen being visited by students and teachers alike.

At the very least, Kiyotaka was able to feel what it's like to go to a public bath, as he had no plans of going there again, at least until there's an instance where he can take a bath in peace without being a victim of the system's crazy schemes.