Chapter 24: To You, Who Was Once a Failure

30,000 words. New Record. This chapter all but confirms 10k votes for this fanfic. It's now part of the big boys, and it wouldn't be here without the support of everyone. Thank you to the readers who continued to support this fanfic even in its lowest moments, because here we are, finally. The final chapter of Volume 2. I made sure to go all out here so that this horrendous volume can at least have a good cut-off before moving to Volume 3. I hope you enjoy it.

"Itadakimasu."

Both Kiyotaka and Ichika spoke a quick word of thanks before they dug into their meals, enjoying this moment of peace that can only be experienced after a time of war.

It would be an exaggeration to call the Class C-Class D conflict that just passed a 'war', though. It couldn't even be considered one, because it turned out to be an annihilation... and a waste of time for the victors.

Either way, the event has already passed and there's nothing to worry about anymore... at least until the week before their final exams arrive. However, that's not really a problem if the students are willing to dedicate one hour a day to studying their lessons instead of doing anything else.

Kiyotaka looked up for a moment to observe his roommate. "Is the food good, Amasawa?"

She shrugged as she chewed on a piece of takoyaki. "Eh. I still prefer your cooking, senpai."

"Does that mean I shouldn't buy from this restaurant again in the future?"

"Well, not really. I'm just saying that I'll always like the food you make more than anything else, hehe."

For the young man, this was a nice change from how things usually are, because he's the one who prepares meals for Ichika and himself everyday. Not that he didn't trust the girl with his kitchen, but Kiyotaka just felt that it would be awkward to have her cook for him.

For his roommate, it was... fine, to say the least? Having takeout or restaurant food for dinner wasn't particularly bad, she simply preferred whatever food Kiyotaka would make. It's just a testament to her senpai's skills in pretty much everything.

"So how did the whole trial go, senpai?" she asked, flashing an eager grin that showed she wanted to know everything, while also feeling a bit miffed at the same time. Ichika wanted to see the whole thing for herself up close, but she also understood that she had nothing to do with the case whatsoever.

Kiyotaka shrugged. He was expecting this conversation to come up eventually, either way. "It went about like how I was expecting it to be."

"A one-sided massacre?" she asked, a smug grin forming on her face.

"I guess you could say that."

Ichika began to laugh, feeling no ounce of sympathy for the unfortunate people who dared to cross her senpai. They had no idea what they were up against this whole time. "Hahahahaha, now I'm starting to wonder what exactly Class C did that's bad enough to invoke the wrath of the 'Masterpiece'!"

"I'd rather not talk about it," Kiyotaka shook his head, not wanting to remind himself of what happened with Hiyori before the trial. Even though he wasn't physically with her that time, her voice through the phone was enough for him to feel the need and desire to make Ryuuen's class suffer a crushing defeat.

"Ah, that's fine, senpai. I'm more curious about what happened during the actual hearing, anyway. You'll tell me all about it, right? I mean, it's what I deserve for following your orders like a good kouhai~" she pointed out. "Even though it was so boring to just stay here for the entire day, with nothing to do..."

"What do you want to know, anyway?"

There were stars in her eyes as she spoke, feeling excited to learn more about what went down in the student council room earlier. If only she was there to witness Kiyotaka cooking several idiotic senpais. "What was Class C like? Did they really try to pin the whole thing on Miyake-senpai?"