Chapter 3: Utilizing One's Skills

Discord server: discord.gg/4y5QVPj

After the entrance ceremony ended (which was mainly the chairman and the principal explaining a brief history of the school as well as the basic rules and regulations), Kiyotaka decided to head back to the dorms for an early rest, because he desperately needed one after everything that's happened today. Thankfully, he didn't get any notifications nor a 'heroine summary', which must be the system letting him rest for a while until it decides to make him suffer again...

However, he knew that he still needed to eat something for dinner later on, so Kiyotaka decided to take a detour at the convenience store to buy some instant ramen. Just something quick and easy to prepare for dinner, so that he can have an early sleep as well. He could always handle this tomorrow or some other day.

After picking out three packets of instant ramen, Kiyotaka headed to the counter, where he placed his basket of goods at the same time as someone else. He turned to look at the person who was beside him, who just happened to be his black-haired neighbor as well as his second 'heroine'.

"Horikita."

"Ayanokouji-kun."

He looked at the basket she carried with her, and noticed it was filled with a bottle of shampoo, conditioner, face wash, powder, and pretty much everything else that a teenage girl needed in her everyday life.

"Are you picking out essentials?" he asked, taking notice of the items that she picked out.

"That's right. I wanted to do this right away so I wouldn't have anything to worry about until a few weeks at least," she answered, before looking at the items he was going to purchase in return. "What about you? Are you doing the same?"

Kiyotaka sighed. "I'd love to do the same but unfortunately, I am in need of an early rest today. Perhaps I'll do this tomorrow instead."

"After what he did to comfort me after seeing Nii-sama earlier... I can understand why he feels tired now," Suzune thought to herself, feeling guilty for her friend's current condition. She berated herself for still feeling emotionally weak around her brother until now because if she wasn't, then there would have been no need for Kiyotaka to do what he did for her. "I should return the favor to make it up to him. Spending a few points to buy him something shouldn't hurt."

Making up her mind, Suzune turned to her seatmate and took a deep breath.

"Ayanokouji-kun, would you like to-"

"Hold that thought. Something's happening outside," he interrupted her before she could complete her sentence. Although Suzune felt annoyed that he just told her to shut up out of nowhere, she looked at the store's front door, where they could see one of their classmates arguing with three other people.

Sudo Ken, who was the red-haired boy with a short temper that refused to introduce himself earlier in class, found himself in an unfavorable situation at the moment.

He found himself face-to-face against three upperclassmen, who all bore smug looks on their faces as if they had found a new source of entertainment and Sudo didn't like that one bit.

"If you three don't stop messing around with me, then I'll personally make sure you learn not to mess with me!" he warned the three other students, who all laughed at his attempt to look and sound intimidating.

"Oooh, we're totally scared! Oh, hold me, guys!"

"You're gonna teach us a lesson? You and what army, dude?"

"Maybe you should just listen to us. This ain't your spot, it's ours. Now go home to your dorm before we do something that we'll regret."

The red-haired teen clenched his fists. Who the hell did these guys think they were? Just because they've been here for a year longer than him, they think they can claim ownership of a place that didn't even belong to them in the first place? It was just ridiculous.