Chapter 18: Every Girl is Best Girl!

That Eroge Guy is so back after months of being gone! College work has kept me from having free time because I'm in my final year and I don't want to slack off, everyone. Also, I am now a pro-wrestler for the local promotion here in my country so that will only decrease my free time even further. But as you can see, I am still alive and am able to deliver a chapter for everyone's favorite eroge fic. Being a wrestler and a graduating student isn't gonna stop me from writing!

Heads-up for the state of the harem: Fuuka has been yeeted from the lineup and I'm not changing my decision. I had every intention of adding her and I even had a plan for her inclusion, but thanks to the stupid Kiryuuin simps who keep on demanding me to add her, I got fed up and decided not to add her at all. Angry about it? Be angry at those simps. I'm not apologizing for anything.

The following day started off rather strange for the students of Class D, mainly because of their teacher.

No, it was nothing too out of the ordinary. It's just that the entirety of Class D were surprised with what they were hearing from Chabashira-sensei this early in the morning, during their homeroom no less.

"I have nothing to discuss with you for today's homeroom. You're free to spend the rest of the period doing whatever you want."

Almost everyone looked at her in surprise, to the point that they almost thought they were hearing things.

But after a few moments of letting her words register in their minds, reality began to sit in and their mortified expressions quickly morphed into looks of delight. It's like they were children who had been gifted with their favorite candy.

"Really, sensei? We can do whatever we want?!"

"Starting the day with a free period? Man, this is the life!"

"This is exactly what I needed after staying up late watching my favorite show! I'm just going to sleep until our next teacher shows up!"

"This is, like, the first time we'll be having a free period! I'm not gonna waste this chance at all!"

"However..."

With just one word, Sae ended their moment of happiness in a matter of seconds.

"That doesn't mean you won't be monitored. It is still homeroom and as such, I expect you to behave as if I'm here, teaching all of you. If you don't behave, well, I'm sure you already know what happens if you do that."

In typical Sae fashion, the woman left an intimidating message for her students and none of them could even say anything afterwards.

And of course, all of them indeed knew what would happen if they didn't behave. It's a mistake that they have to avoid as much as they can, if they still want to keep the points that they've earned in the past month.

None of them wanted to go back to having 97 points.

"In the meantime, why don't you take this time to do something meaningful with the time given to you? Like searching for more evidence of your classmate's innocence," she told them, taking a glance at Akito who wasn't fazed by that remark. "You only have less than a week to help him, you know? Make the most of it. You do know that the reason why you still haven't received your points for this month is because of this incident, correct?"

Many of the students groaned at that. Some boys in particular were more displeased with this because they weren't really dedicated to helping their own classmate and simply wanted this issue to be over with.

But now that their own points were at stake, they had no choice but to take this a lot more seriously than before.

Haruka grimaced, not because of their due points but because of the reminder that they only had four days left before the trial. And within the three days that they have spent searching, they made no significant progress in their investigation.