Chapter 25: These Growing Feelings

EDIT: And so, it is clear to me that everyone prefers longer chapters. Longer chapters it shall be, so enjoy the 17k words that were added to this chapter. More content means more fun, after all. In exchange, the April Fools' chapter is now gone. Don't worry, we shall get there. You all had a taste of what the future would be like, now enjoy the journey in getting there.

Again, the poll for the V4 heroine to be unlocked along with Manabe is now up, so vote in either my Wattpad profile or the Discord server. There's only five heroines to choose from, so it shouldn't be hard to make a decision.

It was the 30th of July, and Class D was as ecstatic and excited as ever. Part of it came from their joy in being given an early dismissal by their last teacher for the day, but they were mostly happy about a certain event that was due to happen in less than 24 hours.

Tomorrow morning, the freshmen students of ANHS would be sent off on their luxury vacation to a beautiful island, and the entirety of Class D was sure that they would enjoy every second of it. Chabashira-sensei brought it up weeks ago before they took their midterm examination and since then, it never left their minds.

After Miyake's case was resolved, their focus shifted back to academic affairs while using the luxury vacation as a form of motivation. They were elated when Chabashira-sensei told them that their class managed to earn over 144 points from the results of the hearing, which put them within arm's reach of becoming the new Class C, but were quickly reminded that they could lose all those points in one sitting if they're not careful.

For the next few weeks, Class D worked on maintaining an acceptable behavior in their classes. Those who felt bored and unmotivated to study did their best to do just that, because the reward that they'd receive is worth it. Tutoring sessions were still held regularly and even though no one was required to attend them because no one was in danger of having poor grades, there were some who wished to learn some additional pointers from Hirata, Horikita, and Wang.

It was pretty crazy to think about given the context of this class being the worst out of the four freshman classes.

Regardless, they waited almost a whole month for this day, and they were so close to it. Many of the students already began coming up with their own plans for the trip, which were mainly about what they're going to do once they get there, and who they'll be sticking with while they're enjoying themselves.

"We've waited for this day for many weeks everyone, and now we've been rewarded for our patience." Yosuke announced as he stood in front of his classmates, who all nodded eagerly. "We may have been given an early dismissal, but I advise everyone to not waste the time given to us. Use this time to buy everything you'll need for tomorrow's trip and to get a full night's sleep so we can all be fully prepared for what's to come."

"YEAH!"

As Yosuke returned to his seat to organize his things, his classmates began their move. Most of them went to their own social circles to discuss what they'll do, a few left the classroom to head to the mall already, and there were those who were on their way back to their homes.

For a certain blonde gyaru, she quickly grabbed her bag and went to her friend on the other side of the room, who was busy organizing her own belongings. Hmm, maybe she was planning to go home already?

"Airi-chan, want to go to the mall together?" she asked the redhead with a smile, who almost jumped up in surprise when she heard someone call out to her from behind.

"Oh, uhm... sure, Kei-chan," Airi nodded after recovering from her initial surprise. She should have known that it was just her best friend messing around with her. "I was planning to go there anyway, but what is this about? Going shopping?"