Chapter 3: Poco a Poco

My first task was to clean up my room and organize my old things, not to say that my room was a mess but it was one of the smaller adjustments I needed to make. When moving I needed to decide which things would be best to keep and which things I no longer wanted. Troy said that if I do that it will make it easier when we move in a couple of months.

She also suggested telling everyone that I knew that I would be leaving the town soon. There weren't too many people though, I didn't go to the school in this area, nor did I have a relationship with many of our neighbors. Fenix had been out of the picture for years too, so I was guessing they couldn't care less even if I did find them.

I had taken a long break from cleaning on such a lovely Saturday evening to add more to my electric journal. I figured I should record such a momentous occasion of my life. Afterwards I should also go eat dinner as Troy had told me that it would be ready soon. I'm sure she wouldn't be happy if I skipped the dinner she prepared for me again.

"I've been thinking, I can't remember any momentous occasions in my life before this, as far as I remember it all has been the same since I was brought under the care of Troy. I remember being introduced to Nika which was a big change too. Then when I met Phenix I barely even remember that either. My life before this was also a blur too, the more I think about it the more frustrated I become." I stopped myself before I could continue and immediately closed the electronic journal back up. It wasn't a rule but Troy had recommended I refrained from telling it my anger.

I got up from my seat. I believed it was better than to just stay there. I left my room too, and began to wander through the halls even though I knew them I found myself forgetting. I couldn't help it but I had grown up with a flawed memory to the point where even the layout of my own house would become foggy within my mind. It would return soon, it wasn't as though I had amnesia.

It wasn't as though I was sure as to where I wanted to go either, maybe now would be a good time to eat dinner if Troy was ready now. I inched through the halls that weren't always so empty, however bit by bit it appeared that things were disappearing and being replaced with large brown moving boxes. Troy was eager to get out of this house for some reason while I took my time evaluating each of my belongings.

I'm tired now too, I had just woken up from a nap only a few hours ago, how could I possibly be suffering from such exhaustion again, was I just sleeping wrong? Perhaps it would have been better if I had taken the time to record in my journal despite my anger. Aside from journal rules there were also general rules and I was reminded of these rules because I could recall one of them was relative to sleep. I had to let Troy know when I was going to sleep but lately it seems I had forgotten to let Troy know. I didn't know what something like that would change.

"Ambrose!" Troy began to call from the kitchen which appeared to be just around the corner. Yes, I remember now, this was the way to the kitchen. How could I forget again like that?

A small kitchen to fit in a small house, I liked how it felt so right. In such a small house all physical spaces must be sized accordingly with windows facing opposite of the beach. "Yes, Troy" She was standing near the table placing food on it. She seemed startled when I popped my head around the corner unexpectedly.

"I'm sorry did I scare you?" I asked cautiously, I hoped that I hadn't, I didn't want her to be angry with me, especially since I hadn't made much progress on my room.

"Ambrose." Troy laughed dryly as usual. " You didn't, now stop being silly and hiding from me." I didn't realize it before but, subconsciously I was hiding the rest of my body behind the wall. I thought I had gotten out of that habit but I had recently started it again.

"I'm sorry Troy, I started speaking to my journal when I was frustrated. I was just thinking about, well nevermind don't worry about it I feel fine now." I slowly inched myself out of hiding bit by bit as I spoke until I had completely revealed myself. As I did so Troy kept notioning that I come closer to her, which I reluctantly complied to.

"No it's alright, I've been stressed too, you know there's still a lot of work to do. However, in the midst of all this work and stress and change I realize we really just have to adjust little by little. We can't plunge straight into it but at the same time we can't have everything the same. You're not completely adjusted yet but we'll take it, little by little." Every word that Troy spoke resonated in my character, I grew to be a little more patient with the world despite my moderate frustrations. So at the very least I was patient on my path to seeing more of the world.

"I didn't make much progress in my room either, I'm behind now aren't I?" I confessed anyways, I was always taught to be honest but it put all that hiding to waste.

"You don't think that I'm behind?" Another dry chuckle escaped from her lips. I realized that even though Troy was never the social kind to make people laugh and smile with funny stories and jokes, she still had a way of disarming people and welcoming them into a peace of mind.

"I mean it looks like you are already all packed up, I can't even seem to get through with organizing my room." I looked around, the house had already been emptied out and it resembled a barren wasteland in certain stretches. I didn't even know where to start with being more productive. How could I take it little by little if I didn't even know what I was taking in the first place?

"Calm down buddy, no one's gonna come after you for not being able to organize a couple of books. Listen, I'll tell you what, I'll handle the rest of your room but you have to tackle that monster of a closet. That's the ultimatum, either take it or leave it, and you do not want to leave it."Troy sat down at the table and I felt obliged to follow after her because that was something I strictly remembered needing to do and doing often. A few months had passed since I had initially heard the news, however the baby seemed to already be having a rough effect on her physical energy.

"Are you sure that you can take care of both things at the same time? Maybe you should take it easy and let me do some things for you."Sitting down next to her I realized that she wasn't nearly as vibrant as she had been before, almost drained of energy.

"Sometimes you really don't want to give up, I mean it's not a bad virtue to have, it's leagues better than those who give up too soon. I never knew you could be so offensive about cleaning though." I made her laugh more than she had ever made me laugh. I liked hearing her laugh more than my own, so it was perfect the way it was.

"I'm not usually, I just don't want you to work too hard is all, there's only so much one Troy can do, and there is only one Troy" I concluded after thinking about it. I still wanted to get out of cleaning but I thought the price was greater than what the prize was actually worth.

"And I could just easily say the same for you. Listen to me Ambrose, I know this is a lot for you but look I'm here I'm fine. I know that you are worried something bad might happen to the two of us but what's the worst that'll happen from a few books? Maybe a papercut"

Author's Note: I should have updated this sooner, this has a soundtrack now, before it didn't, now it does, yayyyyyy. That aside how have you been it's been a little while since we've been able to meet screen to screen like this. I hope like has been treating like the wonderful and beautiful person that you are. If not I know that some day you'll get the treasures that you deserve. Thank you so much for blessing this earth with your light through every little thing that you do. I don't why but the universe told me someone needed to hear that right now or in the eventual near future.

Question of the Chapter; Do you think Ambrose's unwillingness to give up end up biting him in the butt? (Mini Spider: You might have to read till the end to find out.)