Recap of Part 1

Part One is officially finished, there is only one part left now but since that part is so long and packed with information I might give another recap halfway through. Anyways as to not destroy your perfectly good mind I've split this first super long recap into two parts. So without further adieu let's begin our recap.

Do Not Read If You're not caught up to chapter 9:

Recap Part 1:

For as long as Ambrose can remember he's been taken care of by Troy(his adoptive mother) and Nika(his adoptive father). Troy has a condition that makes her too weak to have kids so Ambrose fills that void. He spends most of his childhood in a small coastal town where Troy lives apart from Nika who spends much of his time in the city.

Ambrose only had one real friend, Phenix and was isolated from practically the rest of the world. Phenix is able to come to one of Ambrose's birthday parties and gives Ambrose a gift(we still don't know what that gift is). Ambrose also receives an electric journal.

Years pass and Ambrose is able to speak to his journal and it records everything. He uses it almost like a therapist. He is also very attached to Troy as she has become most of his human contact. 

While visiting, Nika takes Ambrose to a restaurant to tell him that Troy is actually pregnant. Nine months later Melokuhle is born and Troy and Ambrose move to Nika's apartment in the city. However, before they can actually leave Ambrose finds something that resembles an MP3 player in one of the packing boxes.

Many years later it is Melokuhle’s seventh birthday and Melokuhle cares more about looking cool in front of his friend than Ambrose. Seeing Melokuhle lead a normal life he suddenly begins to feel jealous for the first time in his entire life. He is confused and the confusion leads to him having an anxiety attack and leaves to use the MP3 player effectively avoiding the rest if the party. He also looks in the mirror and notices a weird miscolored strand of hair.

That night ambrose begins to voice his concerns to the journal but Troy and Nika overhear him. He then gets into an argument with them about how he is satisfied with his life but Troy and Nika don't think he is. Eventually he gets frustrated and goes for a walk he doesn't return on until night.

The next morning Nika and Troy reveal that they have signed Ambrose up for school despite it being his final year. Ambrose wants to argue but still feeling guilty about yesterdays he ignores the urge.

Ambrose takes the tour of the school, he panics and runs away when the tour guide knows everything about him attempts to touch his neck to check for nano weapons. He eventually calms down and finished the tour. Ambrose thinks that he saw a glimpse of Phoenix during the tour.

Those are all the important plot points that happen up until chapter nine.