𝐈𝐗

- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ chapter nine ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌

LANDO WAS LAYING in his hotel room's bed, deciding if it was the right time to call Elena or not

LANDO WAS LAYING in his hotel room's bed, deciding if it was the right time to call Elena or not. It was eleven in the evening and back in United Kingdom was eight in the afternoon. He remembered that Elena had told him that she was going to study the whole afternoon for her upcoming classes and he did not surely to disturb her. But, he wanted to see her face. Lando took a deep breath and sighed. He just had to press the call button and Elena would probably answer his call. One more breath. "You got this" he murmured to himself and nodded his head, trying to cheer himself. The driver was not the most social one, as Elena, and it was difficult for him to do that. But he did it. He actually took the courage and FaceTimed her.

His heart was beating so quickly that would probably exit from his body. His mind was playing tricks and his hands were tapping aggressively on the phone, while he was waiting. The seconds were passing like they were hours and Lando was beginning to become nervous. Was he disturbing Elena? Why she was not answering his call? "Congratulations Lando, I'm so happy for you!" Elena told him and smiled into the camera. The driver could see how she was still in her kitchen table, probably studying. Her hair was now up into a ponytail and she was wearing her glasses, a set that Lando liked to see. He liked her even more when she was just herself and she was not wearing something that was surely not her.

"Thank you Elena, I hope I don't disturb you right now" he said back to her and Elena shook her head. Relief came into Lando's body and he relaxed, allowing to himself be himself again. "How was the race? I'm sorry, but I didn't watch it, only heard the commentary" she informed him and Lando chuckled. She was too good for him. She was not lying to him and she was honest. She had told him when they had met before he was leaving that she would probably only listen the races and not watch them. Lando was okay with that. He could not make her watch the race or come with him in all of them, even though he wanted too. He liked it that he knew Elena was trying to know what was happening in the race. He felt like he was someone special to her and he wanted that. Even though they had met only two months ago, their chemistry was insane and he liked spending time with her when he could.

"It was okay. The car felt good and I'm happy with my performance. I'm actually going out with the team today" he replied and started explaining to her the whole race, what he was feeling and how he enjoyed that day. Elena was smiling all the time. She liked listening to him talk about things he loved to do. She noticed how Lando was always waiting for her to see if she had understood what he was saying and if not he was explaining to her.

 She noticed how Lando was always waiting for her to see if she had understood what he was saying and if not he was explaining to her