Chapter 2: Preparations

Bai Yu had an idea. Since the girl she saw in her dream was the only living person in that inn, the inn probably belonged to her father who died. She could just operate that inn after she transmigrates, wouldn't that be better that starting from scratch?

Since she had already decided, she could just work on that idea. Opening the notepad in her mobile phone, she started making two lists. One for the items she would use herself, the other for the inn.

She started off with the first list. First of all, the items she uses in her daily life: toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, skincare items, towel, soap, shampoo, tissue papers, mirror, bed, clothes, quilt, shoes, jackets, novels and other small items.

Then she thought about food: flour, rice, seeds, various spices, sauces and utensils. Ofcourse, since the space was static, she had to store readymade food from her favourite restaurants.

She slowly compiled the list for her personal use items, and then went off to the list for the inn.

Since she wanted to turn the inn into a chain of inns, she had to plan something big. She checked all her bank accounts; after adding all the sums of money in her various accounts, she had a total of 5 Billion.

She looked at the screen in her mind and clicked on the space icon. It was bright all around. There was a beautiful wooden house with 2 floors in front of her. She went inside to see a living room, a study, and a washroom on the first floor. On the second floor, there was a large bedroom with a walk-in closet, and a balcony. Other than that, the whole house was empty.

Outside the house, there was a garden with fences. It contained many kinds of beautiful flowers. On the left side of the house was a huge building. Going inside, Bai Yu realised it was the static space that strange voice told her about.

Some distance away from the house, was a fruit orchard. There were all kinds of fruit trees in there. All kinds of colourful fruits hung from the trees, making her feel unreal.

On the other side was a huge spring. Bai Yu ecstatically took some water in her hands and immediately drank it. But sadly, she found that it had no magical effects. It was just normal clean water.

Throwing off those unrealistic thoughts from her mind, Bai Yu finished inspecting the space and went out. Unlike those space artifacts in novels, crops could not be grown in her space. There was just a normal spring, a building with static space, a house to rest and a fruit orchard, there was nothing else.

Well, it was not like Bai Yu knew how to farm. Worse comes to worst, she could keep some seeds and then try to grow crops in the ancient times.

Satisfied, Bai Yu went to sleep.

The next day, Bai Yu went to the company and informed her secretary that she wanted to close all the supermarkets under her name. She had something to do with the inventory in them. The workers should be readjusted to other units.

Although the secretary was confused, she did not ask anything and just decided to do as she was told. Bai Yu then went to the hospital for a full body examination.

That strange voice had once again appeared in her mind in the morning, and informed her that her departure from this world required a valid reason, thus her body would show signs of a disease which could not be cured; making it easy for others to accept her death in this world.

After the examination, as she had expected, the reports showed that she had an incurable disease. Since her parents' death, she had no close relatives to rely on, and she had already lost contact with all her good friends in her past five years of busyness. Thus she had no attachment with this world, anyways, death is not something you can avoid. It would always come later if not now.

But it was surely difficult for Bai Yu to imagine living in a place with no cars or air conditioners; but well, it was not like she could do something to change that.

Bai Yu contacted a well known lawyer and made an appointment to meet in the afternoon.

In the evening, a shocking news broke out on all the major news channels of China. Bai Yu, the president of BaiShen Industries, was found to have an incurable disease, and had decided to sell all her shares and properties in the next few days.

With everyone rushing to buy her shares and properties, soon Bai Yu only had her parents' house and a bank balance of 15 Billion. She made a will that after her death, her parents' house and remaining bank balance would be entrusted to an organisation that was committed to the welfare of orphans and provided them with education. She had already emptied all the supermarkets under her name into the space. She was sure they had everything she could need for personal use in her lifetime.

Now she only had 15 days left in this world.

She had already contacted factories that could sell her soaps, shampoos, towels, bedsheets, quilts, salt, tea leaves, wine, teacups, basins and plates in bulk. She also bought various expensive calligraphies,wines, curtains, tables, solar generators and some solar bikes.

When only 10 days were left, she visited various farmer's markets and bought hundreds of kgs of chicken, mutton and beef.

She bought all kinds of medicines from the pharmacies, and visited all the restaurants in Beijing to order all of their menus in bulk.

After buying everything that could be bought, she finally took all the furniture in her parents' house and decorated the wooden house in the space with them. They would always remind her of her parents.

Now she only had 1 day left.