Chapter 11: First Meeting

Today was the grand opening. Bai Yu wore the blue dress she had specially bought for this occasion. It was a mixture of sea blue and sparkling blackish blue colours. Coupled with pearl accessories on her head, she looked extremely beautiful. She had grown much taller in the past two years. She was almost eighteen now, the baby fat on her face had already receded, turning her into a beautiful young lady.

All the guests were stupified as they gazed at the charming young lady currently cutting the ribbon in front of the inn. Everyone was shocked that such a young girl had the ability to travel to the Capital and open such a huge inn all by herself. Everyone felt that she must have some hidden backer.

Bai Yu entered the inn, gave a cursory glance at the lounge, and then went to the kitchen. The guests started filing in as they went to the restaurant to taste the so-called world class food provided by the inn.

When all the food had been served, Bai Yu suddenly noticed a burning sight staring at her back. When she turned around, she recognised a familiar face among the unfamiliar guests. But she could not remember where she had seen that man who kept staring at her with familiarity.

As Lu Minghan looked at the recognition in her eyes, he was beyond himself with joy. He felt like he forgot all those lonely feelings of longing as he looked at the beautiful young lady in front of his eyes. This was the girl he had chased beyond time. Perhaps it was fate that they both transmigrated; and to the same place as well.

Just as he was immersed in the memories of the past, someone suddenly blocked his sight.

"Why do you keep staring at my young lady?!" A girl with narrowed eyes asked.

Lu Minghan: "...''

He retracted his sight and continued to eat the food he had missed since he arrived here. The days were still long; he still had time.

Bai Yu went to the guest rooms to take a last look to ensure there would be no problems. After that, she went to a store room on the side and prepared to go into the space since she had just remembered something.

As she entered the store room and was about to enter the space, a voice drew nearer as its owner talked with someone.

"We have to find out the identity of the real backer of this inn." A female voice reached Bai Yu's ears.

"I've already sent news to our men to find out everything about that young lady, if there is indeed no backer behind our -which has a very little possibility- then we don't need to be prudent when handling this matter." A male voice respectfully answered.

Bai Yu suddenly remembered all those ancient dramas she had seen; absorbed in her ambitions, she had forgotten to find a backing.

In the Imperial Capital where every important business is already occupied by those noble families, unless she does not want to remain here, she should indeed get the backing of a powerful personality.

And the most powerful backing might be the Emperor himself. Being a businesswoman, she would not be reconciled with anything that might only give her a momentary backing but turn out to be a problem later on. All nobles could be like that, but if her backing was the Imperial power, as long as she continued to provide enough benefits, her backing would be like a mountain that would never move.

And that was the exact effect she wanted.
After she was aure those two people had no more useful information, Bai Yu entered the space.

Looking at the warehouse, she suddenly remembered that system that had taken her here. It had been very helpful to her since the very start; providing money and all at important times.

However, unlike those systems in the novels which are always there to help the main leads and always control the space, which she had expected her system to do as well, the system acted like a buffer.

Firstly, it brought her to this world. Then it provided help through some money and small things when she needed. But gradually, as her inn was built and started recieving guests - in short, as she adapted to life in this ancient world - the system slowly faded out.

Its role in her life decreased and so did its presence. And then finally one day, the space was completely quiet. There were no notifications in her mind anymore. She realised that now she really only had herself and the space to rely on.

She had felt a bit lonely at the start since the system had afterall accompanied her for some time, but that feeling also gradually faded. It had already been a year now, and she only occasionally remembered how the system had helped her. She was really thankful to it for that.

Taking the things she wanted from the warehouse, Bai Yu went out and continued handling all the matters in the inn. Since it was the first day, there were many guests, due to the propaganda she had arranged, everyone was very curious about her inn; and thus there was the scene of guests overflowing from all three buildings of her inn.