Chapter 12: WindFrost

Bai Yu had recently recovered the capital she had invested into the inn. Previously, she had used almost all her savings from the past two years just to ensure that there would be no problems in the inn she had opened in the Imperial Capital.

And now, as she had expected, in just two months, her private vault was once again filled to the brim. Now she was just waiting for the earnings of the inn to stabilise before going for a general inspection all over the country.

"Young Lady, there is a Young Master Lu who is requesting to meet you." The butler walked towards her and said respectfully.

Yes, butler. She had already bought a courtyard in the most luxurious area of the capital, basically where all the nobles and royals lived. It was almost impossible, but she needed a symbol for her status so that all those irritating people who wanted to find trouble with her could stay away.

So when she found that a Countess who owned one of the best courtyards in this area was recently wanting to move from here to another province due to some personal reasons, she approached her and gave her various gifts which included novel gadgets that her inn had yet to launch; thus being able to buy this courtyard easily.

Coming back to the present, Bai Yu had a headache when she thought about this Young Master Lu. She had found that he was a very stable and mature person even at the young age of twenty. He belonged to the Prime Minister's family. Being the third son, he had no pressure to inherit any title. However, he had still shown his capabilities by single-handedly creating and spreading the trading business all over the country. Now everyone knew that most of the fleets of traders going out of the country or coming back, belonged to the Prime Minister's family.

And this Young Master Lu, Lu Minghan, was the person behind this.

But- other than appreciation for the talent, she had no other feelings for this person. But he, on the other hand, seemed to be the opposite. In the past two months, she had "coincidentally" encountered him almost every two to three days. At first, she also thought it was a coincidence; but gradually, she realised that coincidences couldn't repeat so often.

She had no plans for any kind of romance so early, afterall, leaving her past life behind, she was basically eighteen years old. And there were no parents or relatives who would force her to marry. So why not focus on her business and accumulate more wealth instead of relying on others or being a housewife?

Thus she started avoiding this Young Master. Afterall, she had yet to find the investo- ehem, a backing, so she couldn't afford to offend those royals and nobles at this time.

"Tell him that I am out inspecting the fields I have bought outside the Capital and thus will not be able to meet him today." Bai Yu told the butler.

"Yes, Young Lady." The butler went to convey her message.

No longer in the mood to bask in the sun, Bai Yu got up and went towards the warehouse at the back of her courtyard. She had recently hired a few workers to help her make the things she required.

The current project she was working on was- Lipstick. Recently, she received the money from the other branches of her inn located all over the country. It was a considerable amount, so she bought a few shops in the Capital as well as some fields outside the Capital.

Now she was planning to launch her own brand of skincare, afterall, those skincare products she had bought in bulk had been tested and approved by the government. She could confidently use them. But the containers had to be made in this world. Afterall, she had to explain her sources so as not to give chances to those with bad intentions to take advantage of the situation against her.

Before coming to this world, when she was looking for hand made crafts and cool gadgets, she had come across a video in which a person made lipstick cases with bamboo and lipstick with organic products. So she showed the video to a few craftsmen and had many lipsticks made in the same style. After coming here, she had already started looking for skilled craftsmen at the start.

And the Imperial Capital was the best place for talented people to gather. She easily found a few craftsmen who were confident in their ability to make such lipstick cases. She also got a few girls from WindFrost to help her make lipsticks.

WindFrost was another of her projects. This one was simpler: it was an organisation she had formed in order to get inside information from anywhere she wanted. After Jiang Ci had taught martial arts to her and her two maids; Feng Qing and Feng Lan, she got the idea of forming this organisation.

Among the three of them, Feng Lan showed the best talent for martial arts. Jiang Ci had also said many times that Feng Lan was her proudest student, and wanted to take her along to let her meet her Master and fellow disciples in the JiangHu. However, Feng Lan was adamant not to leave Bai Yu and the inn.

After forming WindFrost, Feng Lan was responsible for training all the young girls they bought from the slave markets or saved on the roads. While Feng Qing was responsible for all the administrative matters as well as buying girls regularly from the slave markets. Her original branch of MoonLight Inn was under Aunt Li's responsibility.

The first batch of girls trained by Feng Lan had already infiltrated into the houses of County Lords and Princes all over the country. And now the second batch was ready for her commands, ready to infiltrate into the houses of nobility and the royals in the Imperial Capital.

_______________________________________

A/n: Here you go! So guys, although this update was quite fast compared to before, please ignore my mistakes since I type from my mobile phone and the cold weather has already caused my fingers to freeze. So its a miracle I managed to type so much without my fingers stopping to work. Anyways, enjoy the reading!

And I found a really relaxing video on YouTube some time ago... A guy was making lipstick with bamboo and other materials. Here's the link if you wanna watch it as well:

https://youtube.com/shorts/DhtgK3UNxSU?feature=share

(I wanted to attach the video with this chapter but due to some reason it isn't working... So here's the link)