A New Start/Chapter 12

Lizzie POV:
Oh my god why is he here, this won't end well i can already see Y/n's face going red with rage. Although she is clearly pissed she sees i'm anxious and reaches out to hold my hand.

"Hey, don't worry i'm going to stay in the car so i can be close. I'm here for you okay just look at me if you need me and i'll be out of this car for you i swear." Hearing her say that gives me a sense of relief i never knew i needed. I nod my head and take a big breath before opening the door and stepping out the car. Heading over to Robbie's car as he opens the door to meet me outside.

"Hey Liz." He says quietly just loud enough that i can hear him. "Is that all you have to say to me, Hey Liz are you fucking serious Robbie! You cheated on me and thats all you have to say to me!? Jesus Christ your pathetic." He is taken aback by me shouting at him but as i thought he comes right back at me.

"I'm sorry okay! It was a huge mistake and i will do everything to make it up to you i swear."

All i can do is look at him in disbelief that he thinks we will make it through this, he is about to get a shock. "Robbie i have filed for divorce papers, i'm done trying and i'm done allowing you to hurt me constantly. Once i have signed them i will send it to your parents house. I'm staying here for a week so when i'm back in Manchester i want all of your stuff out of my house. Bye Robbie." He looks shocked by my words but his face changes to one i have never seen before, it scared me. He steps forward making me retreat before speaking.

"You think your escaping me Elizabeth? Your my wife you belong to me, i will not sign your divorce papers because you aren't leaving do you understand!?" He raises his hand into a fist and takes a step towards me, all i could think was he is going to hit me but everything happened so fast i had no time to react. All i see is Y/n's hand connect with his face sending him flying onto the floor blood everywhere. I didn't even hear her get out of the car.

She steps infront of me sheilding me from him although i'm pretty sure he passed out for a few seconds, he slowly gathered the strength to get himself up onto his feet but Y/n was too fast for him, she grabbed him by the collar and threw him up against his car, all i could do was listen and watch.

"How dare you raise your hand to a woman Especially your wife!? You will sign those divorce papers and pack your shit as soon as you land in Manchester because if you don't you will be recieving more than just a broken nose from me do you understand!?" Robbie shaking nose still dripping with blood just nods as she lets him go. He gets into his car and speeds off out of sight. Once he is gone she turns to me.

"Are you okay Lizzie? Did he hurt you or anything?" I lunge forward into her arms which she opens immediately holding me for at least 5 minutes before she speaks again. "Come on lets head inside and get comfortable." I nod my head and she takes my hand leading me inside. We both head to our rooms to get into comfortable clothes and we meet in the living room to watch movies and relax together. We share a comfortable silence processing what just happened. As it gets later we both decide it's time to go to sleep, but i don't want to be alone.

"Y/n could you sleep in my bed with me tonight please i don't want to be alone right now?" She gives me a warm smile, "Of course, lets go to bed." She leads me into bed before climbing in next to me, opening her arm for me to climb in, i wrap my arms around her and we share a quiet goodnight before falling into a comfortable deep sleep.

The next morning i wake up to find i'm alone in bed, instantly making me sad until i hear my door open, in coming Y/n with pancakes and bacon and an ice coffee on a tray. I smile ear to ear at the sight, super happy to have her with me. She sets the tray down in front of me and sits down facing me whilst i begin to eat. She looks at me the whole time obviously contemplating wether to ask the question or not.

"Do you want to talk about last night Lizzie?" She looks at me how she normally does with her comforting smile which i appreciate, i hate when they look at me like i'm broken. I set down my knife and fork before expressing how i feel.

"It's weird, i kinda always knew this would happen some day. I loved Robbie but i knew he was the type to do this no matter how sweet and loving he was to me in the beginning. I thought that when it did eventually happen i would feel sad or want to stay in bed and cry but i don't. I feel free and calm talking about it, i no longer feel trapped in my relationship and as much as last night terrified me because i never saw his angry side like that before i was saved by you. Thank you for being by my side Y/n, your an extraordinary friend to me."

She sat there listening to me intently the whole time, i did notice her face change when i said 'friend' and it brings me back to how i feel towards her and how she feels towards me.

"I'm glad you don't feel sad about it i would hate to see you upset. Just know i will always protect you from harm no matter what you mean alot to me Lizzie. I promise to always try and be the best... friend i can be." She gives me a smaller smile than usual before standing up.

"Anyway, i should get a shower and head to my interview, you should do the same yours is around the same time. I hope you have an amazing day and call me if you need absolutely anything, i will be there. See you tonight Elizabeth." She leans down and kisses the top of my head before walking out of my room. I say a small goodbye not being able to form a proper sentence since she just kissed my head. I continue to think about her as i finish breakfast and get ready for my interview. By the time i'm finished getting ready Y/n is gone so i leave straight away, anxious about the questions they will be asking today.

We arrive at the Jimmy Fallon show and i'm rushed in to get ready, already being super late. They do my makeup and i get changed before someone comes to tell me it's time.

"Okay Lizzie, you can do this."