Chapter 15

At this time, Gong Jue's shirt was spread open. His ink black hair scattered over his shoulders, contrasting with his exquisitely white collar bone. The boy's cold appearance was as sultry as a demon's! Right now he was just a child, but when he matures, who knows how many people his beauty will harm.

Gong Yi grinned cheekily. "If you dare to tickle me, I'll demolish the Hanchun Palace you live in, leaving you with no place to go!"

Gong Jue discerning eye narrowed and he smiled lightly, "It seems I'll just have to sleep in Sister Gong's bed! Then elder sister will have to take responsibility for me."

Who knew that Gong Yi Mo wasn't shy at all and leaned towards him, "Then why don't you come a little closer darling! I was so busy hugging the quilt that I didn't notice you were there!"

She was so straightforward that Gong Jue was left speechless. Maybe someday he will become a cunning evildoer, but for now he was still young; he wasn't as thick skinned and shameless as Gong Yi Mo.

Unable to withstand Yi Mo's slapstick, Gong Jue had no choice but to wait until noon for her to get out of bed. Even if he could resist, he still felt helpless when it comes to her.

Little Jue watched in a trance as Yi Mo went to wash her face. The water splashed and crystal water droplets slipped down her creamy skin. The little girl was already so cute with her baby face; it was obvious that she would grow into a beauty in the future.

Not waiting for Gong Jue to snap out of his daze, Gong Yi Mo exited towards the yard. She immediately noticed that one of her apple trees had many ripe fruits. With anticipation, she rubbed her hands and quickly started climbing the tree when suddenly, Xin'er spotted her a mile away and scolded her to eat breakfast first.

Upon seeing this scene, the corner's of Gong Jue's mouth tilted up to a slight smile. Sometimes he wondered, what if he never encountered Gong Yi in this cold palace? He may have survived, but wouldn't he become a cold-blooded man?

Before meeting Gong Yi Mo, Gong Jue felt that everyone in the world owed him. He wanted to ensure that all of his enemies' bloody debts were paid in full. But now, after she became a part of his life, it seems that those violent feelings of the past have long been buried in snow.

If Gong Yi like him a certain way, then he will become that kind of person; if she doesn't like his hostile side, then he will give it up as well. It's that simple.

Gong Jue felt inner peace as he resolved to live a new kind of life.

Unfortunately, their harmonious days won't last long. The prince was unaware that because of his relative's upcoming visit, danger is gradually approaching.

Sadly his life was destined for a road drenched with blood and killings. But if his road also has Gong Yi Mo, then all his worries can fade into the background.

...

"Queen empress, Xiang Ye sent a message saying that the West King is sending his son, Li Changfeng to celebrate your birthday. They are on their way."

A beautiful woman was reclining on a luxurious Phoenix couch; her hair was combed in an intricate fashion and a priceless robe was draped on her shoulders. After listening to the report of the old maid, the Empress slowly opened her eyes, her gaze flashing with malice. "These past years, were we not successful in preventing the West King from coming here to the capital? And yet you're saying that his son Li Changfeng is visiting instead....So explain to me, if our forces could stop the Western King himself, why weren't they able to block his son's visit as well?"

The old maid nervously held her silence; she dared not answer the Queen. The Empress thought for a moment and asked, "What happened to the prince in the cold palace?"