Chapter 30

Actually, what did Gong Jue think of her? Gong Yi Mo turned to her brother and cautiously asked, "Tell me, what was the matter with that wooden sculpture you made?" Usually, she wasn't as quick to judge as the ancients were. However, she did not want to misunderstand his actual feelings for her just because she was close to him all the time.

As for whether Gong Jue was attracted to her, Gong Yi Mo had never considered this possibility. Afterall, who would develop feelings for an elder sister who raised them like a mother? That would be crazy. And she was sure that Gong Jue thought of her as a blood relative. In ancient times, sibling romance was unacceptable, so she did not believe Gong Jue had any such thoughts about her.

As Gong Yi Mo spoke, she walked over to the table and reached for the teapot. Xin'er noticed her movement and quickly came to her side. She brought over the teapot and diligently poured her tea.

Meanwhile, Gong Jue's mind was shaken from hearing her question. He was filled with complex feelings of fear, joy, bitterness, and hopelessness.

He did not know how to tell her. Last night, when a maidservant drugged him with aphrodisiac, he immediately shut himself in the palace, but his mind was filled with his sister's figure.

...Her sweet smile, her melancholic expression, her carefree manners, all these things blurred in his mind... and... when she practiced martial arts, her sleeve swept aside to reveal her white skin. When they fought closely, his eyes were drawn to her bright red lips... Gong Jue felt himself going crazy, so he spent the entire night immersed in cold water.

Unfortunately, by the second day, his poison still hadn't completely faded. He still felt feverish and hot. In order to distract himself from his lustful thoughts, he turned to carving wood. But before he realized it, he was carving his sister's image! He was so alarmed by his own subconscious act that he couldn't stop himself from lashing out when the Fourteenth Prince made fun of him and slandered his sister.

When Gong Yi Mo noticed that her brother had remained silent for a long time, she started to look at him suspiciously. However, Gong Jue suddenly looked up at her with a pair of aggrieved, watery eyes and said, "Could it be that even Sister Gong doesn't believe in me? The wooden figure... It was originally for Sister Gong."

Gong Yi Mo believed most of what he said and gave no further inquiries into the matter. Instead, she ordered the servants to bring in their meals. After dealing with troubles for a day, she was so tired and hungry that her brain could not think.

Gong Jue secretly felt relieved after she set aside the matter.

He couldn't tell her openly about his affections.

He was afraid-if the matter was discovered, not only would the emperor shun her, even the rest of the kingdom would maliciously slander her.

This era was harsh on women. Unless he possessed the power to suppress all public opinion...

Unless he was strong!

This idea took root deeply in his heart for the first time. As long as he was strong, no one would be able to get in his way!

Gong Yi Mo... Oh, Gong Yi Mo!

*

Time flowed quickly, and two years flew by. Now, Gong Jue was eleven, and Gong Yi Mo was twelve years old.

The most popular news in recent years? It would have to be about how the Chaoyang Princess was greatly favored! For some unknown reason, the emperor suddenly started heavily spoiling the princess, who was formerly shunned in the cold palace. Even the Crown Prince did not receive nearly as much attention as she did.