Chapter 29

Gong Jue continued to remain quiet. Gong Yi Mo spoke to him with a voice as harsh as an iron rod, "You still believe her words? Don't you know that she seeks your life and yet you believe her?"

Gong Jue continued to close his eyes, his lips tightly sealed.

Gong Yi Mo's face turned redder and she glared at him even more fiercely. There was a trace of sadness in her trembling voice. "What did she say? How did she distance you from me to this extent!"

Her tone gradually became more aggrieved. "I thought our bond was unbreakable, but I didn't expect you to easily be moved by our relative's schemes...You're breaking my heart!"

She turned away and fell to her quilt, with a look of genuine grievance. As she wailed pitifully, Gong Jue began to panic. While he worried that she would despise him if she discovered the truth, he also hoped on the other hand that she wouldn't care about the past. For once he wanted to believe in her. After all, they have been together for so many years!

He finally sighed. "Sister Gong, please don't cry. I'll tell you."

After he made his promise, Gong Yi Mo sat up on the bed and wiped away her tears. Gong Jue finally relaxed after seeing her calm down. He then proceeded to reveal Liu Xian Fei's words that day.

After he finished speaking, the boy didn't feel relieved. Instead, his heart seemed to weigh more and more heavy. Gong Yi Mo's long silence was unbearable.

"So because Liu Xian Fei told you that your mother, Li Ching Hua had killed my mother in the past, you began to worry. And then you deliberately avoided me from then onwards?"

Gong Jue did not speak, sensing the deep anger in Gong Yi Mo's voice.

"Xin'er!"

Gong Yi Mo's voice resounded loudly through the palace. The palace maid quickly rushed into the room and glanced warily at the scowling princess, before whispering, "Yes Princess."

"Bring me my sword. Quickly!"

Xin'er shook in surprise and quickly knelt on the ground. "Princess you can't! If anything displeases you...please just say it!"

"What else do I have to say! I told you to bring it! Hurry up!" Gong Yi Mo's heightened pitch bore pressure onto Xin'er. The maidservant quickly went to retrieve the sword and shakily brought it over.

Gong Yi Mo grasped the hilt and walk in front of Gong Jue.

"Look up!" she demanded.

Gong Jue who continued to kneel, looked up at her trembling figure. His pair of ink eyes were filled with deep pain. Will Sister Gong kill me because of this?

At this thought, Gong Jue's heart was racked with despair, and yet he did not show the slightest sign of resistance. Even though his martial arts was now stronger than Gong Yi Mo's, he did not even lift his hands.

Gong Yi Mo lifted her sword as she stared at the boy's hopeless figure. Knowing his thoughts, her face reddened deeper from indignation! This bastard actually didn't trust her!

Gong Jue expected her to immediately cut him down with the sword, but instead, he heard her command.

"Raise your hands up high! Come on, lift it up!" She ordered harshly.

The boy looked up in surprise and raised his hands up without a thought. Suddenly, the flat side of the blade struck down swiftly.

"Snap!"

The sound was very loud but his hands seemed numb to the pain. As Gong Yi Mo saw his stunned expression, she furrowed her brows. She was right, he really did doubt her.