Chapter 23

Gong Che blushed when Gong Yi Mo straightforwardly boasted of his looks. He sighed lightly, pulled a seat next to Gong Yi, and kindly said "Girls need to be modest; you shouldn't easily compliment people, especially men."

"Modesty?"

Upon hearing this word, Gong Yi Mo couldn't keep a natural expression. In her last life, not only did she pursue Gong Che like a moth to a flame, she also got rid of countless women in order to monopolize his harem.

Many people scolded her for her rash behavior, but she didn't care. She was a soul from modern times-if she liked someone, why hide that she likes him? There was no need to give subtle hints or to slowly pursue him. Presumably, it was exactly because of Gong Yi's persistence that Gong Che ended up not cherishing her in her previous life. Instead, he was drawn to the reserved and beautiful Su Miaolan.

Gong Yi Mo's face reflected her feelings of self blame. At that time, Gong Che suddenly remembered that the princess grew up in the Cold Palace with no one to raise her. Aren't his words for her to be modest indirectly implying that she wasn't a cultured person? Seeing her small face suddenly turn discouraged, Gong unexpectedly felt distressed for her. Wanting to remedy his mistake, he immediately comforted,

"But this doesn't have to apply to you."

Gong Yi Mo looked up to Gong Che. He smiled at her gently as his eyes expressed warmth, "You are my sister, Gong Yi Mo. What sister wants to do, other people don't have the right to change."

Gong Yi Mo knew that he was trying to comfort her. Gong Che had always been such a gentle and meticulous person. Such a person was very likely to attract young girls who aren't very experienced in matters of the world. Gong Yi Mo nodded affirmatively, "I'll remember brother's advice!"

Gong Che felt fond of the girl's cleverness. Thinking to himself, he then took out a jade bottle that he prepared beforehand and casually offered it to her, "You've been deeply wounded. This medicine will help heal any scars you have, so you can have it."

Gong Yi Mo examined the cold Jade bottle, and then without the slightest hint of hesitation, grasped the bottle tightly! The princess was quite touched; she knew how precious this Jade bottle of ointment was. She was aware that, even with Gong Che's position as a prince, it wasn't an easy commodity to obtain. Gong Yi Mo never would've imagined that he would be willing to give her such important medicine.

After pondering these things, she turned to him and smiled, "Thank you Brother!"

The little girl's forthrightness caused Gong Che to feel even more distressed for her. He checked around his robes, but apparently he wasn't able to bring anything else other than the ointment to give her.

Having received such a benefit, Gong Yi began to feel a degree of goodwill towards him. As she calculated, it seems that it will still take a few more years before Su Miaolan appears. In that case she doesn't have to urgently make her moves. Gong Yi Mo can just leisurely take her time. The girl smiled sweetly as she looked at Gong Che's back with thoughtfulness.

....

Late in the evening, Gong Jue asked his sister who it was that visited her earlier that day. Gong Yi Mo was quite surprised; this boy's information gathering was quite good! "You mean brother Gong Che, the Crowned Prince..." Gong Yi Mo smiled and took out a jade bottle. "This is the medicine Prince Brother gave me earlier. He's seems like a good person."

Gong Yi Mo's praise left Gong Jue feeling discontent. In the past he was the only one that sister Gong called as brother; she had never addressed other people with intimate terms! Gong Jue coldly stared at the jade bottle of medicine. "Sister Gong's injury has already received the best medicine and care from father Emperor. After your scabs fall off, you won't have any scars left to apply medicine to!"